Author Topic: What clippers do you use?  (Read 824 times)

Offline Merlinpoppy

What clippers do you use?
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
We are getting another cocker and thought rather than spend £60 every few months we would buy clippers and learn to to it our self.  We dont show so we just shave him so i guessed it wont be too difficult.  Anyway there are so many to choose from.  What clippers do you use and which blades?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: What clippers do you use?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:45:06 AM »
I have Andis 2 speed clippers and the blades as shown in this clipping guide http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=32160.msg435560#msg435560

I had Moser Rex clippers for many years because I used to part clip my first 2 Cockers as they became older and I got fed up with hand stripping. They were robust clippers but heavy and noisy. I eventually replaced them with Oster Golden clippers, much quieter and better quality, but I found them heavy and unwieldy. So I sold them and bought the Andis 2 Speed, which are definitely the best clippers I've ever had.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »
I have the andis 2 speed clippers as well
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:58 PM »
I have the andis 2 speed clippers as well

me too  ;)
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline dazza71

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Sureclip £45 from Amazon.  I was afraid to spend so much on Andis til I knew if I could clip them myself.  They are really good though and well worth the money for a beginner

Offline linda c

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
I use Oster A5  clippers. No. 10 blade for head and top of ears. No. 7 or  7f for body. Depends how short you want the coat No.5 or 5f leaves coat longer and more natural looking.But think if I was to replace them I'd buy the Andis ones they come with one blade so tend to be better value for money and from what I've heard they are very good  :D
Cheaper ones will do the Job but you soon notice the difference, they tend to be heavier and noisier and I don't think you get as good a finish with them.
It's the same old saying, you do get what you pay for, if you think of how much they cost for a good pair and the saving you make by doing it yourself they are well worth paying that bit extra, I would go for Andis.  :D

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »
I use the andis 2 speed . . And a very good pair of thinning scissors ( don't buy rubbish ones it's cheap economy) . . . The scissors help if you make a boo boo . . Not that the client will complain!!!

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »
Andis 2 speed  :D
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013