Author Topic: Cowboy magic  (Read 1022 times)

Offline moneypenny

• Donator
Cowboy magic
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
Just wondering if anyone uses cowboy magic detangler, or any other cowboy magic products. They are primarily used for horses manes but can be used for dogs too. A dog groomer recommended the detangler. I've found it fantastic for knots. They disintegrate when you put it on.  Also penny usually hates her paws being touched but when I rub in the cowboy magic she loves her feet being massaged with it and it gives me the opportunity to check out her pads and nails. Only downside is that it attracts dirt, so I usually put it in a few days before I give her a bath. I've never seen it referred to on this website. It looks as if it's very popular in the US.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Re: Cowboy magic
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
Yes a lot of groomers use this over here too. It is a horse product, but perfectly safe on dogs also. A lot of dog products originate from horse ones actually. I never got on with it on my dogs I have to say. I did not like the build up in the coat and found it no better on tangles than what I already use, but plenty of people use it. :)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »
Yes, I use it on Mollie's ears - her mats are dreadful!

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
I use amazing trips from dyznadog. Or have you tried watering down some of your own  conditioner, spraying through the hair then combing it through but with an elastic band woven  through the teeth of the comb his stops static
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi