Author Topic: Groomer used clippers!  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Abbie105

Groomer used clippers!
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
Took Ted (7 months) to a new groomer yesterday. Despite asking for NO clipping got a shock when I went to pick him up and found his beautiful curly top knot all gone. Tufts sticking out of his head and head and ears all clipped!

Was too shocked to say anything, but suffice to say he will not be going back there. My lovely fluffy teddy bear looks completely different. He's not particularly bothered , but please tell me it will all grow back?

She did hands trip his body and apart from some fluffy bits left that's not too bad.

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
Re: Groomer used clippers!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
It's horrid isn't it  >:(  that's why I do my own, but it's hard work when your 76   (I'm due for an operation soon, so will have to make sure Kez is short (to my standards) beforehand.) :o     it will soon grow back.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
I feel your pain. Charlie Brown never looked right, I just couldn't find a groomer that knew what they were doing when it came to cockers. Sometimes it was comical sometimes it was too horrid to even laugh.
I'm dreading getting my Teddy groomed.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »
Yes, it will definitely grow back!!  :shades:

I do Coco myself but, since she is so woolly, clipping is the only option.

As long as she is comfortable and looks reasonable, I am not too precious about her "do"  ph34r :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »
 :005: trust me I'm not being precious poor Charlie often came back looking like Liberace if Liberace was a drowned rat.

Shaved to within an inch of his life but sporting the most ridiculous centre parted quiff you can imagine.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
The worst one Jinley had was when they completely trimmed her legs, feet and her face and neck down to her collar.  She looked like a bald eagle!

Brought her home and she went straight into her crate and I am sure she didnt want to come out until it had grown back  :shades:

Just remember the difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is only a couple of weeks.

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »
Having just read this post I think I've just changed my mind ! :-\
I have always trimmed Amber myself using thinning shears and scissors and  de tangling Combe
And it is hard work ,  I don't really want to send her to a groomer so have looked on line to buy some professional  trimmers but don't know which ones are best for cocker spaniels ?
I've trimmed Amber for five years now but am finding it difficult with just scissors any suggestions ?.

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
Having just read this post I think I've just changed my mind ! :-\
I have always trimmed Amber myself using thinning shears and scissors and  de tangling Combe
And it is hard work ,  I don't really want to send her to a groomer so have looked on line to buy some professional  trimmers but don't know which ones are best for cocker spaniels ?
I've trimmed Amber for five years now but am finding it difficult with just scissors any suggestions ?.
I have andis clippers . . Very light and easy to use

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »
Moser Max 45 here although they are quite old now and I am thinking of replacing them.

The Andis 2 speed ones seem to get the best reviews on here - cheap ones are not worth buying and a decent set will pay for themselves in no time  ;)
Julie and Watson