Author Topic: Clippers  (Read 766 times)

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
Clippers
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
Hi can anyone recommend some reasonably priced clippers. I just want to do Arvy's face, neck and tops of ears, and maybe paw pads. His face fur grows really quick so  he probably needs a shave every 1-2 weeks otherwise he starts getting Elvis sideburns.  However, since I'm not doing the whole dog I don't fancy forking out a fortune. Would trimmers do?

Thanks a bunch, Kate
Kate

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Clippers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_grooming_care/clippers_shears/other_clippers_and_shears/154015
I used to have Oster clippers for my scotties and spaniels, but I gave them away after Milo died, Imwasn't going to get another dog. Anyway, I got Dylan and wanted a cheaper clipper for the same reason as you, not a full trim all over. These do the job very well, they run quietly, and are a lot better than many of the cheaper clippers on the market, they fell pretty substantial, plus you can use Oster blades on them. A good buy. I use a coat king for his coat, so he looks quite smart without the effort of hand stripping, or the all over shaved look.

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
Re: Clippers
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:23:02 AM »
Thanks Max. You recommended zoo plus ones before but I wasn't sure which ones. I will get these. I use a coat king too. My grooming skills are much improved after watching that video you put up.

Many Thanks Kate
Kate