Author Topic: Can I brush wet coat?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Can I brush wet coat?
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »
Just spent the last 20 minutes trying to de-seed Humphrey after a walk across the fields this morning! After the grass seed in the ear episode a couple if months ago, I've become a bit obsessed about the wretched things. I usually just brush him through straight away with a wide toothed metal brush and the things fly out- (probably  got an egg cup full again today!!). The problem is, he's usually pretty damp when we get home, - am I going to damage the hair by brushing when wet? Most of his puppy fluff has disappeared now at last and he's looking better than he has for months, I'd hate to mess it all up again! How does everyone else remove them? They really are a pain! >:D

Offline Markr64

• Donator
Re: Can I brush wet coat?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »
Hi Jayne

I do the removal by hand and the corner of the comb, yes it is painful for me but Dexter just enjoys the attention and will roll onto his back to let me have a good look.

I am not sure if it is ok to comb when wet, but judging from the last picture of Humphrey he is looking very good and his coat looked great.

Mark

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:41:45 PM »
Thanks Mark!  :D

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
I bought a tube of Cowboy Magic on the recommendation of someone here. A dab worked through each ear top to bottom and the seeds and burrs drop out when I run the slicker brush through. I apply it on damp ears. As it makes the brush glide through I'm sure it helps stop any damage.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »
Just had a look, (seems I can buy it here too!  :D) , looks like just what I need!!! Many thanks LG!