Author Topic: Dirty weather!  (Read 3003 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Dirty weather!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »
Have ordered Lola a four legged Equafleece  .....think I might be more excited than she is though  :005: :005: .....it's the little things !!!!!

:005: - know what you mean, I've just ordered a bespoke food bowl and I'm like a cat on hot tin roof waiting for it!!  :005:

Offline mayasmama

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:34 AM »
Stupid question, but are they able to pee in those fleeces with legs? And where does one go about ordering one? I love them and need a solution. I'm in Canada and my problem is the snow! As soon as Maya goes out for any length of time she gets covered in little snowballs which are impossible to get out of her fur. I can't pull them out or comb them out. I have to pop her in her crate with a towel until they melt off, then rub her down with another towel. It's just awful. One of these suits would be terrific! I've never seen anything like that here. She does have a coat, but it doesn't cover her nearly enough to prevent the snowballs.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 07:13:43 AM »
Hi Mayasmama, I ordered the fleeces from a UK company called Equafleece, (I still haven't worked out how to copy the link but if you google it you'll find them) I'm in Germany and they dealt with my enquiry and posted to me with no problem. They tell you how to measure your dog up and then will send the right size, - they're very helpful. I have the two legged one and Humphrey can pee in that no problem, I'm pretty certain the four legged ones will be the same. They have a variety of models and colours aswell. We have the same problem with the snow but the fleece certainly helped and I'm going to get a 4 legged one this year as the back legs are the worse problem. I also keep the hair on the feet short.
Best if luck, let us know how you get on!

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 08:33:27 AM »
Henry has both the two and four-legged fleece from Equafleece. He CAN pee in his four-legged suit but it took him a while to realise he could!  He squats to pee and managed to never get any on his suit.

https://www.equafleece.co.uk/home
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline mayasmama

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
Thank you so much bizzylizzy and londongirl. I'm going to order her one as soon as I can. She loves the snow but it has really impacted her freedom in the house as I can't allow her to run around covered with snowballs. :)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »
Dylan has a raincoat, he hates the rain and his fur is so thick it takes ages to,dry. It isn't used very often though, if it's chucking down he doesn't want to go out. He has an equafleece with four legs that I bought recently to dry him off, but I have to be honest and say that it takes forever to dry off his undercarriage.

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo