Author Topic: Clippers  (Read 2296 times)

Offline BeckyHolland

Clippers
« on: August 01, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »
Hello, I would like to buy some good quality clippers for my two cockers and am looking for recommendations, pros and cons please.

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Clippers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »
I've had Oster Golden and Andis Ultra edge.  Much prefer the Andis as they're much quieter and lighter.  I have the single speed, with cord.  But you do get cordless, and I think the ultra edge now only come in twin speed models.  I'd definitely recommend the Andis.  I'd suggest going into a shop, if possible, and handling different models so you have an idea of weight and noise.   
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline lescef

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:20:38 AM »
I have Andis two speed clippers. I've never had any others to compare against but have been pleased with them. I bought them from Diamond Edge. When the wire wore away I sent them back to be repaired and had a bit of a nightmare with their customer service,  however, it was sorted in the end and the repairs and sharpening were good.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
I use a Moser cordless which is light and sits easy in my hand. (I only clip chin and ears though, so didn‘t need a heavy duty one). Agree with Emily about trying out first  if you can, the first ones I bought online were with a cord and being a complete novice, I couldn‘t get along with them at all.