Author Topic: Andis Clippers  (Read 1983 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Andis Clippers
« on: September 15, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
I have had my Andis two speed clippers for almost 20 years now and they seem to be giving up the ghost.  I have looked online for a new pair and am a little shocked at the price now.  I ordered some clippers from Amazon and they had a sort of continental plug with various adapters.  The clippers formed a very lose connection with the adapter and I felt most unhappy with them so I returned them for a refund.  Having looked online since, all the Andis clippers seem to have this continental type plug.  My clippers are the black ones and have a conventional UK plug, which is what I want again.

Does anyone else have Andis clippers which they have bought recently with a UK plug and if so, where did you purchase them.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Andis Clippers
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:50:51 AM »
I bought a replacement set (flooded) last year in lockdown.  They were the standard Andi’s II and have a British plug.  I’d ordered the new “brushless” clippers which are reputed to be better as they don’t get as hot, as quickly.  They were out of stock and the company were closing due to lockdown/furlough so I opted to take what they had!

I buy all my grooming kit from Diamond Edge, online.  They are not always the sharpest price but are always excellent quality, quick and good service.  They’ll advise about the plug if you give them a call.

https://www.diamondedgeltd.com/

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 12:16:00 PM »
Thanks Jayne.  I just think as my last pair have lasted almost 20 years best to bite the bullet and buy Andis again, but was rather confused with the "continental" type plug. 

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 12:29:07 PM »
I have spoken to Diamond Edge this morning and apparently all Andis clippers are now supplied with this continental plug and adapters, according to the man I spoke to.  Andis are an American company.  I asked about Oster, which I know are more expensive than Andis but he said they can get hot when used for any length of time.  So I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  Anyone else got any recommendations.   >:( >:(

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »
Hi Andrea,

A bit extreme maybe but could you cut the plug off an put a standard 3 pin plug on?  Mark has offered to help if you need someone to change the plug for you

Xx

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 01:42:47 AM »
I did think of that Jayne, but realised it would probably invalidate the guarantee if there was a problem in the first 12 months.  My Godson is an electrician if I did decide to take this route.  Still mulling it over and feeling a little miffed tbh.  Thanks Jayne.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 10:20:55 AM »
I did think of that Jayne, but realised it would probably invalidate the guarantee if there was a problem in the first 12 months.  My Godson is an electrician if I did decide to take this route.  Still mulling it over and feeling a little miffed tbh.  Thanks Jayne.

I though about this a bit more.  It’s likely the Andis or Osters will have very good quality plugs that you may be happier with.  They must have passed safety regs to be sold in the U.K.  :shades: I can appreciate why you are concerned, though.

Does your Godson have a view on continental style plugs?

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 04:59:40 AM »
I haven't asked him.  He is actually coming here this morning to do some work for me so I will ask his opinion. 

Offline rosiesmum54

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »
I bought the Andis 2 speed brushless and am really pleased with them. The different adaptors were all in the box. I haven't had any issue as yet with loose connections. These are my first clippers and I'm still finding my way clipping my two girls but enjoying every minute!!!