Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Been very worried

(1/2) > >>

ElaineH:
Just before Christmas our vet informed us that Morgan had an anal mass that needed to be investigated. We had to wait until the labs were open for business and yesterday came the news that the mass was not malignant  :D phew!

Blood tests showed that his kidneys weren't good at all though so he now has to have a renal diet, no more fresh raw meat which he loves as the protein level is too high for him. He also needs a phosphate binder adding to his food. The binding powder (no prescription needed) would be about £65 if ordered from them but she's very good at pointing us to cheaper sources for things, so I ordered what we needed from a company she recommended for only £25.49.

Just goes to show that not all vets see £££££ signs when we walk in through the door.

Morgan is now halfway through his 16th year and we know our time together is limited but it's good to know that we don't have to face THAT DECISION just yet  :luv:

Mudmagnets:
So sorry to read Morgan has been having problems, must have been an agonising wait for you all, hopefully with the new diet things will calm down for him (and you)

Twas very good of the vet to suggest a less expensive option.

Sending  :bestwishes: and  :bigarmhug: to you.

MIN:
Send you and Morgan  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Finvarra:
Poor lad, I hope he feels better soon. One of mine had an anal mass, but sadly it was not a good outcome for him, so I am pleased that you have had good news, what a worry is the waiting…..
All the best.
Lesley and Dylan

ejp:
That was an awful worry for you  :bigarmhug: I'm so relieved the news was positive. I hope he gets on okay with his new diet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version