Author Topic: Left Handed  (Read 636 times)

Offline roxystaff

• Site Member
Left Handed
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:50:49 PM »
hi this may be a daft question but we bought a mikki coarse stripping knife which my oh half can use and strips the dead hairs lovely out of kenny but i'm left handed and its not made to use that way.

is there a stripping knife i can get thats ok for left handed people, i bought an ancol stripping knife which is left handed but totally useless on kenny.

i have read the pimmed grooming kit thread and it doesn't mention using strpping knives but that was what the groomer to us to get to help hand strip him. i was looking to get a coat king but not sure if they just made for right handed people.

any advise welcome :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Left Handed
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:33:22 PM »
You can get left handed stripping knives but I wouldn't really recommend knives for stripping a Cocker coat. I'm a left hander myself and have no problems using a Coat King so I'm sure you would be fine once you get used to how to hold it :)

Jane
Jane

Offline roxystaff

• Site Member
Left Handed
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:56:08 PM »
You can get left handed stripping knives but I wouldn't really recommend knives for stripping a Cocker coat. I'm a left hander myself and have no problems using a Coat King so I'm sure you would be fine once you get used to how to hold it :)

Jane
[snapback]161070[/snapback]

thanks jane will order a coat king tomorrow, the groomer used a knife when they hand stripped him but its was stripping his puppy fur at the time. :)