Author Topic: Groomer Wanted In The Durham Area...  (Read 715 times)

Offline Jamie and Penny

• Limited Member
    • http://
Groomer Wanted In The Durham Area...
« on: January 09, 2006, 02:57:27 PM »
Hi there

Does anyone know any groomers in the Durham area or the Northeast,willing to travel,must be hand stripped no clippers,as we are still not that good with Bella,we are getting there slowly but need some help.....

Many thanks Jamie

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »
apparently Triple A in Washington are good. Never used them my self tho.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline cpmf1526

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:01:26 PM »
Hi Jamie

Yes, Triple A in Washington do hand stripping.  We haven't used them yet for grooming as Chester is only 18 weeks old but have heard loads of good things about them.  We've just started taking Chester there for training classes and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Claire & Chester xx

Offline Jamie and Penny

• Limited Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »
Hi There

I emailed tripleA yesterday for a price and asked them if they could hand strip Bella, no clippers involved :D  to a show standard ;) I recieved an email back this morning saying yes they could groom Bella to a show standard hand stripped for £35.....Does this sound allright I thought it would have been alot more than that as there is alot of work involved,my only fear is that they take the clippers to her,then I would go totally mental,anyone give me there thoughts on this?.....

Cheers Jamie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:04:15 PM »
I emailed tripleA yesterday for a price and asked them if they could hand strip Bella, no clippers involved :D  to a show standard ;) I recieved an email back this morning saying yes they could groom Bella to a show standard hand stripped for £35.....Does this sound allright I thought it would have been alot more than that as there is alot of work involved,my only fear is that they take the clippers to her,then I would go totally mental,anyone give me there thoughts on this?.....
[snapback]174464[/snapback]
It would be unusual for a grooming parlour to be able to trim a Cocker to show standard unless they actually employ someone who is an experienced show exhibitor? There's a real difference between handstripping & trimming a pet Cocker and presenting one for show. Show stripping & trimming is something that is ongoing ie you tend to do a little bit every day or at least every week which is why if you intend to show, there is no substitute for learning to do it yourself ;)  I'm not saying this place can't trim a Cocker for show but be careful as most people who show Cockers will trim their dogs themselves (or go to a show breeder for trimming) rather than go to a parlour.

Jane
Jane

Offline cpmf1526

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »
I emailed tripleA yesterday for a price and asked them if they could hand strip Bella, no clippers involved :D  to a show standard ;) I recieved an email back this morning saying yes they could groom Bella to a show standard hand stripped for £35.....Does this sound allright I thought it would have been alot more than that as there is alot of work involved,my only fear is that they take the clippers to her,then I would go totally mental,anyone give me there thoughts on this?.....
[snapback]174464[/snapback]
It would be unusual for a grooming parlour to be able to trim a Cocker to show standard unless they actually employ someone who is an experienced show exhibitor? There's a real difference between handstripping & trimming a pet Cocker and presenting one for show. Show stripping & trimming is something that is ongoing ie you tend to do a little bit every day or at least every week which is why if you intend to show, there is no substitute for learning to do it yourself ;)  I'm not saying this place can't trim a Cocker for show but be careful as most people who show Cockers will trim their dogs themselves (or go to a show breeder for trimming) rather than go to a parlour.

Jane
[snapback]174482[/snapback]

I'm not sure about the cost as we haven't had to have Chester hand stripped yet (he's only 18 weeks) but TripleA is an excellent centre and the staff there are all fully qualified.  As I'm sure you've seen on their website, they do everything - Grooming, Vets, Training, Kennels, even Hydrotherapy so I'm think it would be OK - As Jane said though, I'm not sure if they will do it Show Standard - I know some of the trainers are breeders so if you're not 100% confident they'll hand strip to show standard them perhaps they could offer some advice on where to go ??  :)
Claire & Chester xx