Author Topic: What Do You Use  (Read 1335 times)

Acorah

What Do You Use
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:54:02 PM »
What type of towel do you use when bathing your dog? Do you use a normal towel? Ive heard of these special pet towles that absorb loads more woater than a regular towel. Anyone know anything about them? Are they worth it?

Offline cockerella

• Site Member
    • Kennel Cocker Rebel
What Do You Use
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:01:05 PM »
They are quite good, but costs too much. They are also sold in other shops, then they are meant for cleaning floors and much cheaper, but it's reallly the same thing!
Gro, Mazie Lucky and  Boogi
My Webpage: Cocker Rebel

Offline isla

• Site Member
What Do You Use
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 05:06:42 PM »
loads of old towels. The dog has more towels than we do!!

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
What Do You Use
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »
I very rarely bath mine but when I do I have been known to use any towel that I can find regardless of who it belongs too :blink:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What Do You Use
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 05:19:51 PM »
Mine get bathed at least every second week and I've recently discovered the joys of a super absorbent towel from Pets at Home.  They only cost £3.99 each and are an absolute godsend
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Acorah

What Do You Use
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip off Gill, I will have to have a nosey in there

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
What Do You Use
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 05:27:58 PM »
Ooo I might get some of them then. My OH goes mad because I'm off the use any old towel mind too!!! (:unsure: should I be ashamed to admit that!!!)

I saw those in Pets at Home and thought they wouldn't be any good, because the extra absorbent towel speedo do for swimming are rubbish, well I never think they are any good anyway or any of swimming buddies, so I thought the pet ones would be the same...I'll pick some of them up next time, I've not long been back from PAH :rolleyes: sods law that is!!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What Do You Use
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »
I thought the same and the only reason I bought the first one was because I had loads of vouchers to spend and was really stuck for things to buy ;)  I used it on Vegas initially as he is the one that just will not dry (all I was left with was 1 wet dog and 2 sopping wet bath towels) and it really did work. Obviously he wasn't bone dry but he was dry enough to run around the house without leaving puddles everywhere. Now I keep buying one everytime I go in :rolleyes:  I would certainly recommend trying them - nothing really to lose at that price ;)

Offline cockerella

• Site Member
    • Kennel Cocker Rebel
What Do You Use
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
I wonder if they are the same as those I have bought: £10 at a pet shop, and £1 for those you buy for cleaning floors. And really no difference in quality between the two of them. They are orange in colour and really stiff the first time you use them. Are we talking about the same thing??
Gro, Mazie Lucky and  Boogi
My Webpage: Cocker Rebel

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
What Do You Use
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 05:39:18 PM »
I thought the same and the only reason I bought the first one was because I had loads of vouchers to spend and was really stuck for things to buy ;)  I used it on Vegas initially as he is the one that just will not dry (all I was left with was 1 wet dog and 2 sopping wet bath towels) and it really did work. Obviously he wasn't bone dry but he was dry enough to run around the house without leaving puddles everywhere. Now I keep buying one everytime I go in :rolleyes:  I would certainly recommend trying them - nothing really to lose at that price ;)
[snapback]185280[/snapback]

I'm kicking myself I didn't know this earlier when I was in there :rolleyes: It'll have to wait until next time I'm down there. I spent 50quid today on some vet bed and treats and frozen food for them to take to my mums when I'm away today, I am dangerous in that place!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Excellent though, thanks Gill my OH will be very pleased!!! :lol:  :lol:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What Do You Use
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »
I wonder if they are the same as those I have bought: £10 at a pet shop, and £1 for those you buy for cleaning floors. And really no difference in quality between the two of them. They are orange in colour and really stiff the first time you use them. Are we talking about the same thing??
[snapback]185283[/snapback]

Yeah, you have to dampen them first before using them - mine are yellow though ;)

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
What Do You Use
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »
Yup we have them :) ...first found out about them when we starting showing Chloe - but since then there seems to be cheaper in quality (certainly not in money :huh: !) ones available. Last year mum and me hunted down the same ones we got at crufts and they are great! We got a special offer on and as they were ready to shut up shop they put another 2 in the bag :D  - they weren't too bad money wise and very good in quality and they are great for washing and sticking out on the line - and dry great too (well that probs has a lot to do with how windy it is near us :lol: !). But yes, it does take a lot of time off drying ;) .
We have a lot of yellow ones – but last year we got larger blue ones and I feel they are better as we can wrap it around twice, so the water doesn’t soak through to our clothes  :) .
Nikki x