Author Topic: Fluffball alert! Groomer needed  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
Fluffball alert! Groomer needed
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:38:45 AM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good groomer in the Bath / West wiltshire area? We want to get Clive tidied up as his fluff has exploded and it's getting a bit unmanageable! I want to learn how to do it myself eventually but haven't go the confidence to do this first trim.

See what I mean?

Check out those chops!

Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
Re: Fluffball alert! Groomer needed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:42:57 AM »
"Clive's fluff has exploded"  :005: :005:

You're right  :D  He's gorgeous, I love his chops too.  Sorry I don't live anywhere near you, just loving that picture of Clive  :luv: :luv:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
I don't live anywhere near you either, so can't offer any suggestions!! Have you thought about getting some grooming stuff and doing it yourself?

Clive is georgous  :luv:  :luv: but the top knot has gotta go!!!! ha ha ha ha  :005:  :005: Thining scissors at the ready!!!

EDITED to add : I hope that doesn't come across as rude about his top knot  :luv: its not meant to be!!!!

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »
Aw he's a lovely fluff ball  :luv: It's hard finding a good groomer. I was happy with Pepsi's until the last time, now I dare not take her anywhere  ph34r

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 02:11:05 PM »
Awwwwwwwwww! He looks gorgeous!!   :luv:

No advice I'm afraid, he'll look SO different once he's groomed though - prepare yourself!

With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »
awww hes lovely  :luv: he  looks alot like our bobbi . could you get him hand stripted by his breeder  :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »
Well, having read another thread giving loads of advice for beginner groomers I've decided to take the plunge and do it myself  :o

I've ordered a Coat king, thinning scissors and comb...we'll see how Clive likes it!

As soon as he's done I'll post some 'after' pics (so long as he looks respectable  :005:)
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
He's gorgeous! I love the fluffball stage (but can't live with it on my own dog, so don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it!)

Hope it goes well.

Are you too far from Newbury to take a couple of trips there for a bit of guidance? (NOT from me, I hasten to add! ;))

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »
We're in West Wilts but are dependant on public transport so Newbury's not ace. Who's there?
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:35:14 PM »
How old is Clive?  Do all cockers explode into a furball at some stage?  I ask because Paddy (5 months) is still nice and silky, a bit wavy on lugs but otherwise no curls, no "top knot mop" in site - is it coming over the hill towards us??

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »
Clive has just turned 6 months and has always been quite fluffy - it just all of a sudden tipped the balance and got silly! His top knot grew steadily from cute sticky up bits at 3 months to big fat old lady sausage roll curls  :005: Not at all dignified for a handsome young man.

As far as I've found out, puppies vary hugely in how much fluff they have - there are a couple of others a similar age living near us and they are both very silky and smooth. Luck of the draw I guess - maybe Paddy won't go there. I'll post some pictures later showing a partially defluffed Clive - it's not all ready to come out yet., but atleast the top knot has been mown! 
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Bluebird

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »
Hi,

I'm also in West Wilts and we recently had Jenny's first trim and the top knot is no more, do miss it though!

We used Melksham Dog Parlour after getting lots of recommendations on them from other owners and they were really good and did just what we asked.  We only had a trim this time but they have asked to handstrip her in the future which we would like.

CLive looks gorgeous by the way.   :luv:

Lynn & Jenny

Offline mermaid

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
Have only just seen this post so might be too late! Have recently moved to Melksham, Wiltshire and had Honey trimmed and groomed at Shaw's Pet Centre few miles away. Absolutely brilliant.

Jo

Offline Lucianne

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 06:23:56 PM »
He's gorgeous:luv:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
I'm going to lock this one - along with the fact the thread is nearly 4 years old Clive is now happily running a pub with his human parents in Wales  :luv: 
helen & jarvis x