Author Topic: hair regrowth  (Read 923 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
hair regrowth
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:48:07 PM »
Hi all, had a problem with Indi's first and last professional hair cut from now on I'd rather a zig zag cut than go back. I thought I'd do the right thing called the Cocker club and go with a preferred groomer >:(
Besides the fact that he cut off her whiskers on one side clipped her belly bare (looked like she was about to have an operation) he actualy cut her face and she needed anitbiotics :o :o It has all come good but now we have bare skin on her face not that much and is covered by her ear a little was considering vit E cream just looking for something to promote hair growth I'm hoping she is'nt left with a scar does anyone have any suggestions besides ringing the groomers neck >:(
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Re: hair regrowth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »
Poor Indi...can't believe he actually cut her face!  When I used to bring Bailey to the groomers, they also clipped his belly/penis area fairly short...maybe not bare.  It was called a sanitary cut or something that is supposed to keep things cleaner down there.  That part of the fur doesn't really grow back as fast as the rest of him though.
Bailey and Mom

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:38:35 AM »
God, I'm horrified by this - how awful - poor little Indi!! Can you not sue him or something?! He cut her face?!

I'm ashamed to say that Max is 11mths old & has never been to a proper groomer - me & hubby trim him ourselves & he looks ok most of the time - we're never gonna show him & we kind of like him looking a bit scruffy - suits his personality!! We just use the usual things that have been recommended & trim the worst of his excess hair off all over & keep his feet tidy & his belly/penis area & trim the ends of his ears to keep them clean etc. then we brush him every day & check for knots etc.

I've been tempted so many times to send him somewhere properly but I'm worried about what he'll look like when he comes out!!

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:32:07 AM »
Sorry to hear this but do make sure you tell whichever Cocker Club who recommended this groomer about your experiences so they can stop passing his name on. I guess there is also something like our Trading Standards Office in Australia you could contact for advice if you wanted to take matters further legally.

Hair growth can be helped by applying Vit E oil to the bare patch but sometimes scarring does occur so you may never get full regrowth - one of our bitches caught the side of her face on some wire when she was young and she always had a slight bald patch there afterwards although it became much less noticeable with time.
Jane

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know the hair is growing back and her face is still as pretty as ever :luv: and she now has stubly hair on her belly so all is on the mend  just me panicking as usual :005:

Thanks for concerns
Owned and trained by two mad cockers