Author Topic: Billy has cuts from groomer  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Billy has cuts from groomer
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 01:09:42 PM »
When Bell was clipted years and years ago as a pup she came back with the same  >:( so like you I thought these were cut marks im sure that they were .

I just wish I knew 100% it was her that did this. I can't take the risk though especially after you have said this so I'll have to find someone else.
i can't do it myself he won't sit still for a minute. I've tried the ironing board method but he jumps off and i have to catch him. All of the groomers he has had have said the minute i walk out of the room he is an angel  ::)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
If it is Pyoderma will it clear up or will I see it worsen?

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 05:21:30 PM »
It should worsen with pyo - it can spread, the tratment is usually antibiotics. Can you feel lumps under the skin?-where the scabs are?That would fit with pyoderma, like my ndie had, and Emma's too.

The thing is it can be stubborn to treat so best not let it spread - it can then become persistent and nd more antibiotics. Indie only neded one course cos we caught it early. I'd phone and ask the groomer if she noticd it when grooming him - at least then you know if it was there already? Ham's coat is so thick in places I'd find it hard to see, maybe him having less hair has made it visible?
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »
It should worsen with pyo - it can spread, the tratment is usually antibiotics. Can you feel lumps under the skin?-where the scabs are?That would fit with pyoderma,

No not really. There is a lump on the round one but not with the rest I don't think.

He's not done it on my neighbours bush, i had a good look today, there are no thorns and no sharp twigs.

I have found another small one one the opposite side of his face. Some of them  are like spots rather than cuts but with lots of dried  blood around them. I have searched all over him today and can't find them anywhere else on his body except his face. Suppose it's one of those mysteries that i will never discover.

Would you take him to the vet? or see how it goes? He's been to the vet so many times this year with one thing and another he'll thing i am a paranoid owner  ph34r

I'll ring the groomer tomorrow

Thanks  ;)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:26 AM »
Jann,  I may be wrong, but it looks very similar to the Pyoderma Indie had on her chin a few months ago, is it a bit crusty? 

Yes but i think it's the dried blood thats making it crusty. Thing is he won't keep still long enough for me to take a good look.  what causes Pyoderma?Can something trigger it? It's about two inches away from where he had his bloods taken in his neck when it got infected.

I think pyoderma is a staph infection. Ruby had it as a pup and it was cleared up really quickly with antibiotics and bathing in malaseb; however, I bumped into her breeder after this and he swears by Neem oil for this problem.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »
Jan, this is a pic of Pyoderma, I googled it for you ;)

If the groomer doesn't t hink she did it, then I would deffo take Bill the vets ;)

Bless his heart hes been through the wars lately :luv:

Offline lorraineB

• Site Member
    • Dreamist
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 01:11:56 PM »
Just a thought, but could have been caused by the neck harness? The groomer mentioned that she had trouble keeping his head up.
Maybe he has struggled and caused friction burns around his neck?
lorraineB

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 07:22:58 PM »
Jan, this is a pic of Pyoderma, I googled it for you ;)

Aw thanks Emma  :luv: I did google myself but couldn't find any pictures  ::) . that picture is useful. Looking at it though the picture  is more of a rash whereas Billy's is quite bloody so i don't think it's Pyoderma.

It's not bothering him so i'm not too worried, my vet is on holiday so am gonna wait a few days until he returns. It's not spread and i'm quite certain it's not this now.

I've not rang the groomer yet as i don't know what to say without it sounding accusing IYSWIM  :-\