Author Topic: grooming heads  (Read 10415 times)

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
grooming heads
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2003, 05:16:24 PM »
I'm going to have a go on Holly bot! - and send a picture in so you can laugh at my attempts!

Fern will just cut me a dirty look - she is good at that!                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
grooming heads
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2003, 07:08:09 PM »
I'm sure none of us will laugh Claire - as you've been reading, many of us have been getting to grips with grooming our own dogs lately - welcome to the club, it's very satisfying when you start getting good results ;D                    

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
grooming heads
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2003, 08:47:59 AM »
Ok it is the morning after the night before!

I set up my table and got out my grooming kit. Holly took one look at me and ran!!!! I'm not that bad at this! So after i found her and persuaded her that she did want to come with me (i appealed to her inner side with a treat!) we got to work. (please note 5 minutes in she was nodding off!)

I started on her head and happily chopped and stripped away following the instructions which i had kindly been given yesterday! (many thanks) And would you believe it - there is actually a cocker under all that fur!

I am having a bit of a problem. She has large roan patches on her forhead which are silky. I've tried stripping them but they are very stubborn. So i have resorted to the thinning sissors. Is this going to be ok for showing or should i perservere (painfully) with the stripping. And would a stripping knife help?                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!