Author Topic: Poppy's first visit to the groomer!!!  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Re: Poppy's first visit to the groomer!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »
Don't worry about the shortness. It all about individual taste, I was shocked when jazz was first done, but it grew back in no time, and just made me five different instructions. I think poppy looks very pretty.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »
Aww I think she looks lovely - its ideal for Spain but I bet it was a bit of a shock.   I actually thought the first pic looked very like Melody and my kids thought it WAS her.  Here's a couple of pics to compare.  Poppy is gorgeous  :luv: :luv:

:o OMG they do look very similar!  :o I had a look to see where you are and if Poppy and Melody could be related but I donīt think so. I had Poppy from a breeder near Wales so I donīt think that living in Inverness you would have gone to collect a puppy near Wales. Tell me if Iīm wrong. How old is Melody?
That's a shame that we don't live closer. We could have swapped them for a short while and see if our OH and family would have seen the diference.  :005:

Melody is almost 9 months old next week and we got her from a lovely breeder in Perthshire, Scotland.  I don't think my OH or family would know the difference if we swapped pups but then I'm not sure my OH would notice if I was swapped for a few days  :005: :005:

Melly and Poppy are quite alike aren't they, they'll just have to be international penpals and Melly can boast at the park that she knows someone who lives in Spain  :005:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 04:04:02 PM »
Do you think it is too short now? We are going to Spain in three weeks so the hair will have grown back a bit by then.

Yes I personally think it's too short but that's just my professional opinion as a long-time groomer. Her hair will have grown in 3 weeks so the cut will look less severe and more importantly she'll have a bit more insulation on her back from that hot Spanish sun ;) Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not criticising you Amanol - you just had the bad luck to visit a "sheep shearer" rather than a groomer that understands Cockers ;)
Jane

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »
A short clip probably does more harm than good in this weather as the skin is more exposed  :-\.

Note to self, read thread before posting.
Cayley.

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 02:26:19 PM »
Shaving a dog very short does not actually protect a dog from the heat - hair protects the skin and the body from the sun so when clipping a dog short for the summer, it's best not too shave right down to the skin unless absolutely necessary (eg if the coat is badly matted & neglected). Just thought I would mention this in case people get the impression that the shorter the better is best in hot weather ;)

Jane I am soooooo glad you have posted this.  I'm going to print it out and  stick it to the kitchen cupboard as my OH is still whittering on about a 'number 1 army haircut' being the best thing for Daisy in all this heat  :o ::)

At least now I will be able to quote someone with much more experience rather than just ignoring the comments  :005:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me