Author Topic: How much hair!!!  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Re: How much hair!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 07:03:49 PM »
I have very little shedding from my boys - just muddy paws instead  :005: 
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline sweetpea

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 04:29:46 AM »
I just picked up the best brush/comb for Emma  :D The Furminator It's great  :D it doesn't hurt :'( her like a slicker brush. You wouldn't believe the hair that come off her with this. Check it out. :shades: It's a little pricey in Canada it might be cheaper in the U.K It's great for long or short hair. They have a video and pictures on the web. I'm not sure if it's okay to post the link where u can see the video and pictures of all the hair that it removes.
 :D
http://www.entirelypets.com/furminator.html?gclid=CMSJ7qGswYYCFQ9MPgodnWfDQQ

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 03:23:40 PM »
We've had Labs in the past and they seemed to moult constantly cockers can moult a bit and as others have said some more than others but they tend to hold their coat more and normally it's removed with brushing our Rottie moults twice a year and it's like owning a Lab all over again she's moulting at the moment and I cant believe how much is shed from one animal, once she stops that's it for several months ... unlike a lab ...
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 03:47:03 PM »
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »
some of ours shed loads some dont I find the blues are worse especaily Bella . Trouble with the oranges is that when they do shed its all over your black clothes and you see it more .

I have this problem, Fern has mainly white fur and Jock (lab) is black. I find the lab moults more than the cocker. But then as others have said Fern is brushed daily (but then again so is Jock ::)) But I have to vac the kitchen daily sometimes twice at the mo due to black fur not white on the dark carpet. (dining area part that is)

Offline janey

• Site Member
  • it wasn't me,honest
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:15 PM »
molly doesnt seem to moult apart from on our nice clean clothes :005:
but then she is only 6 months old,and has had up to now quite a flat smooth coat,although the last few weeks,it has grown rapidly.
love Janey and Molly xxx

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »
We have a lab & a cocker; I would say Spike(lab) moults the most & all year round. Domino(cocker) has soft fine hair which doesn't seem to come out quite so readily.
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »
I just picked up the best brush/comb for Emma  :D The Furminator It's great  :D it doesn't hurt :'( her like a slicker brush. You wouldn't believe the hair that come off her with this. Check it out. :shades: It's a little pricey in Canada it might be cheaper in the U.K It's great for long or short hair. They have a video and pictures on the web. I'm not sure if it's okay to post the link where u can see the video and pictures of all the hair that it removes.
http://www.entirelypets.com/furminator.html?gclid=CMSJ7qGswYYCFQ9MPgodnWfDQQ

I've got one of these for my golden retriever and its fab. As you say it doesn't hurt him.  He's shedding load and it does really help.  I've used it on my lab, though it tends to irritate her skin.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)