Author Topic: Grooming disaster  (Read 9849 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Grooming disaster
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »
Vegas and Dallas went off to a new groomers today . At lunchtime I got a phonecall saying that the type of cut I requested couldn't be done and they would have to be completely clipped off :o Obviously I said no way, just bring them back only to be told they had already been done :'( :'( I feel so silly getting all upset over a dogs haircut but the thought of a scalped orange roan is literally bringing tears to my eyes. Because Vegas is so tall he is going to look stupid and because he has also been neutered, I'm not sure how his coat will grow back this time :-\ If feathering is clipped off only once, is there hope for restoring it once the hair starts to grow back? At the moment I just have images of how Brook's coat used to grow back but he got completely clipped off all the time so his feathering lost all definition and he became one big fluffball. In a way I'm glad I got the warning but I am dreading seeing them tonight ph34r
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Grooming disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
Oh no... why on earth did they only phone you AFTER they'd done it??!  >:( >:( I'd be going mad at them if I were you.

They won't look stupid though, they'll still be gorgeous and at least they'll be cool if August turns out to be another scorcher!  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 03:21:33 PM »
Oh mate - what a nightmare  :o :o :o

I have no advice on the technicalities of coat re-growth as I dont have a bloody clue but just wanted to comiserate  :'( :'(  I too would be upset about it.  I cant believe they just went ahead and did such a drastic cut especially after you'd specifically requested the type of cut you wanted  >:( >:( >:(  I assume you wont be going back there then???

Whatever's happened to their coats they'll still be gorgeous  :luv: :luv: :luv:  and they dont care how they look - I started grooming Daisy 3 days ago and the phone rang -she's walked round with one groomed paw ever since  I may get round to giving her a matching set by the end of the weekend ph34r :005: :005:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline allym

• Site Member
  • Grrrrrrrrr!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 03:22:11 PM »
Oh no!  I'm so sorry...  I'm sure it won't be as bad as you're imagining...  
Ally and Henry the Hound xx

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 03:25:15 PM »
thats awful,they should have consulted you before going ahead and cutting it all off >:D!I agree they do look awful scalped but it really wont take that long to grow and I have clipped many neutered cockers and still retained a "show look" feathering and all :luv:, find a good groomer that knows how to use thinning scissors and has a good knowledge of a cockers traditional shape before your next trim is due and good luck(also it might help to take with you some pictures of what your after)x

Penel

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 04:52:15 PM »
OMG what a nightmare.... so I take it they tried to do what you asked - and messed it up - so decided they ought to clip the whole lot off ?  I hope you won't be paying for this  >:D I'd be mad as hell tbh....

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
Oh bloody hell, poor you, I would freak too Gill and be as upset as you so I don't think you are being silly  ;) I'm with Penel I wouldn't be paying either  >:(

They are still your georgous boys  :luv: even if they have been scalped  :'( it'll take a while to get used to it though I'm sure  :-\

What was their reason for the cut you had requested not being done? Seems a little strange :-\

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 07:02:26 PM »
I think they must have screwd it up. Don't pay, I was mad when Ham got clipped but it was my fault for not being too specific. I can't believe thy phoned you AFTER! >:D
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 07:10:07 PM »
OMG what a nightmare.... so I take it they tried to do what you asked - and messed it up - so decided they ought to clip the whole lot off ?  I hope you won't be paying for this  >:D I'd be mad as hell tbh....

I agree entirely - it sounds to me like they bodged it and had to cover their mistake  >:(

Not only would I not be paying them, I would submit a formal complaint to the busines owner (not always the person doing the grooming  ::)) and contacting the British Dog Groomers Association if they were unwilling/unable to make amends (assuming the groomer is a member) :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 07:34:06 PM »
Sorry to hear that happened Gill. i remember when I took Jazz for her first cut, and asked for her to try and strip her. There was no way she was stripped she was cut right back. I hated it.

I couldn't even look at her without feeling gutted.  But it grew back quickly, and she soon started to look 'normal' again. I have to say I would be livid.

Jazz had been speyed at this time and i was really worried, but she was fed on burns and had a f ine coat. luckily it grew back fine and still is.

I would like to say though , its taken 18 months to get her looking more how i wanted her in the first place.  He skirt around her side bit is only now at a decent length.

I hope things are ok this evening.

Don't let Disney and Aspen, take the micky out of them..
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
No profound words of wisdom or advice I'm afraid. 

Can imagine how you are feeling, I would be gutted too.   :-\ and I agree with the others about paying. Don't pay them and don't ever take them back  >:(

I'm sure they still look as gorgeous as ever  :luv: :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 08:00:25 PM »
Well I wish I'd read this thread before I parted with my £50 ph34r It didn't occur to me not to pay. Vegas doesn't look as bad as I feared he would and they have at least kept the feathering on his ears. Dallas on the other hand has been scalped to within an inch of his life, including ears :huh: I will post a couple of pics tomorrow to give you all a good giggle ph34r

I really don't know why they clipped them off completely, I was too stunned to ask. I would have understood if their coats were badly matted but they weren't. I think I will write a letter to let them know how unhappy I am
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 08:21:29 PM »
Gill,

Please do write to the owner, and ask for a refund. copy in the assoc Rachel mentioned.

At least its not been that bad, but you really should have to pay for something you are unhappy with.

Did they explain there reason...?
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »
Thats really made my mind up, I am going to do Kalli myself  ph34r. At least I've only got me to blame if it goes wrong. :005:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
Just read this Gill. How dare they take your money!  >:(

Do post piccies, then we can all be as mad as you are.

I am sure they will grow back in time, and agree that they might actually enjoy the lighter look if it gets blisteringly hot again. But, honestly, I can't believe they did this and phoned you AFTER.