Author Topic: Grooming disaster  (Read 9929 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Re: Grooming disaster
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »
OMG  >:D  >:D  >:D well I'm glad the weather is warm for the poor wee souls ;)

I agree 25 quid each for a zoom with the clippers is outrages! Bloomin heck, my breeder charges 15 quid and she keeps cockers coats as they are meant to be........well when I say meant I mean how we like them to be ;)

No advice really except to write a stinking letter and NEVER EVER use those groomers again ( like I need to say that!!!), and make sure no one else does either!!!!  :005:

What I don't understand is how they can have mucked up I mean I'm sure we've all cut bits of our cockers ( even the proffessionals amongst us I'm sure!!) and thought OOOps!! But I've never made such a drastic mistake I've felt the need to zoom them with the clippers!?!?!?!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline Jenny

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 03:48:05 PM »
OMG your poor doggies.  I am no expert but even I can see that its just wrong wrong wrong!  Insist on a refund  >:D

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »
I have to say I'm totally gobsmacked Gill :o

I'd have been absolutely furious >:D  Poor little mites, thank goodness it's summer.  Lottie would die for a haircut like that at the moment, she hates this hot weather and she's now in season too so she's not a happy bunny :-\

Within a few weeks I'm sure they'll both be fluffballs but haven't a clue how it will effect their coats :huh:  Fingers crossed they'll be back to normal soon ;)

Mary & Lottie x

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2006, 04:48:05 PM »
Oh my god  ph34r - Gill you HAVE to get your money back! I mean how on earth can they think that's acceptable, have these people ever seen a cocker spaniel?!  >:D

I'd be absolutely furious - and look at their poor little faces, they even look upset themselves!  :'(

I've fortunately never had anything like as bad as an experience as this with Bella but the 3 times I took her to "professional groomers", only one of them knew what they were doing, and the next time I took Bella back to her she shot her tail between her legs and had to be dragged in. So I'm now doing her myself, have just done my first proper clipping job on her, I'll post photos later but even I can do a better job than those groomers Gill!

Outrageous.... ph34r
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Al_BlacknTan

• Site Member
  • Rolo
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »
jeee thats one bad groomer, obviously no expreience of cockers. I really can't understand why you handed over £50. But i guess it will grow back.

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »
I gave Lottie a trim in two sessions of ten minutes a few weeks back as she's finally developed a bit of a coat at 6 years old, her ears need to be worked on but the feet and feathering are done and if I can do it it can't be that difficult.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/eclipse12/HPIM0766.jpg
Cayley.

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »
Gill, I really wouldn't let this lie and take it all the way.  I would even write to Trading Standards.  I'm sorry, but I think what they have done is absolutely disgraceful.  >:(  You have not received the standard of service that you have paid for and expected, personally I don't even think they should call themselves groomers.    >:D

I'm no expert at grooming but imo Vegas doesn't even look as if he has been clipped well  :-\ He has tufts on the back of his legs  :huh:

It will grow back, and in a couple of weeks, they will already look so much better, and they will feel the benefit with the warm weather  :-\

Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 05:29:01 PM »
I have to agree with Elisa, I would take the matter further, especially since they had clipped the dogs before asking you.

It may have been that you intended showing the dogs, you would have been really stuck then. I feel so sorry for you.  Even though we haven't got our dog yet i have been sourcing groomers and have been quoted £20 to have a cocker handstripped so £25 for this is ridiculous >:(

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM »
I don't want to upset anyone, but I am totally speechless. Bless them.

I would have totally lost the plot.

Did they give a reason Gill?

On a lighter note... they won't have any problems atracting the ladies...  ;) :005:

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »
Poor Gill.......I'm so upset for you.

As the others have said it will grow back but it's totally infuriating that you've taken them to a professional groomer where you would expect a professional job to be done. I would certainly complain & insist on my money being refunded at the very least.

Having read the grooming threads on COL it's made me all the more determined to trim Domino myself as quite a few of these groomers seem to be far too fond of clipping everything off regardless!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Carolyn

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2006, 07:13:18 PM »
O dear Gill, I gasped when I looked at the photos.  Hope you don't let them away with it.  You must tell me what groomers you used so I stay well clear of them  ;)
On a happier note,  I had to get Bailey (who's castrated) clipped short before his operations last year and his feathers grew back nice and straight  ;)
Carolyn and Bailey x

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »
Gotta say Gill, your cockers are in cracking shape! My vet would LOVE those two. Betty would look like a right chunk next to 'em!
Betty got scalped once at a groomers, what they call a 'cocker cut'. When I picked her up, I didnt say anything, just paid and fled the scene, chicken I know, but I was gobsmacked, and quite devistated. Her hair grew back in no time, but alot curlier, she had these kinda flicky bits sticking out all over. 
Now have a fab groomer who listens to what I ask for, and shes got her lookin great again!
Just enjoy the hastle free walks for the next few weeks! No twig, leaf, sticky bud, dried on mud removal required!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »
On a happier note,  I had to get Bailey (who's castrated) clipped short before his operations last year and his feathers grew back nice and straight  ;)

Thats what I want to hear so I'll keep that thought in my head to get me through the trauma :lol: :lol:

I hope it starts to grow back quickly as the tufty bits around Dally's ding-a-ling makes it stand it out even more ph34r When I write the letter I will ask for an explanation (as well as my money back!!) as I specifically requested that the feathering get kept, it would just need tidied up and shortened a bit. I could have scalped them myself ::) I keep finding tufty bits here and there so am tidying them up as I go.

Thanks guys - glad to know I'm not overreacting. I just wish I'd said something at the time but you live and learn ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »
I'm so sorry Gill, anything I say will be totally negative so I'll just agree with the others

Get that letter written asap AND demand a fuller explanation

They'll be more comfortable if we get another hot spell

and IT WILL grow back.

On a lighter note... they won't have any problems atracting the ladies...  ;) :005:

My thoughts exactly Cathy, but unlike you I didn't have the bottle to say it  :005:

Offline button

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2006, 09:37:59 PM »
oh my word - even though they are 'light on hair' at the moment your kids are still very gorgeous.
claire & Ind x

ps - how's the letter going ...?