Author Topic: first attempt at clipping...  (Read 1251 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
first attempt at clipping...
« on: August 06, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »
Well, here goes - this is my first attempt at Bella with the Moser Max 45s - as you can see it needs a bit more tidying up as there are definitely a few tramlines visible! I did her head with the 8.5 blade (3mm) and her body with the 5F (6.5mm). I was surprised how much slimmer it's made her look so that's nice and she does seem more comfortable today (it's quite warm in London at the moment). I need to work out how to blend into her skirt and bib properly but hopefully that'll come with time...

Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: first attempt at clipping...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
I know very little about grroming, so my opinion should carry very little weight, I guess. But I think you have done a great job (much better than some "professionals obviously. Ref another recent thread!!)

Bella is as beautiful as ever.

Sorry you couldn't make it to W&B show yesterday. Mmmmm, were you busily at work with those clippers? ;)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »
 :lol2:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »
Gorgeous Bella.  :luv:

I think it looks like you've done a really good job.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Penel

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 11:22:52 PM »
V good.  Thinning scissors really help to blend clipped areas with feathers  ;)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:52:40 AM »
After seing that, Ham's horror pics sorry grooming pics are never seing the light of day. Excellent!
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 12:31:36 PM »
I think you have done a great job.  My OH clippered our late springer and she was pink  >:( no-one wanted to walk her for a week poor thing, but she was happy.  ;)

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 01:00:03 PM »
I've just gone over her again to tidy it up a bit and blended in her feathering so she looks a bit less jaggedy. I have to say the nice thing is that you can really see her lovely little body, I love watching her from above when she's trotting along with her little bustly bum and a nice tucked in waist. I went to the vet's this morning to pick up some pills for the cat and weighed Bella whilst there - bang on 10kg so she's put on half a kilo since xmas - there's barely any fat on her though so I think she must've built up a bit of muscle mass with the agility (definitely much stronger at pulling herself up out of rivers than she used to be and I'm sure that's down to the A-frame!  :lol:).

I'm impressed with the Moser clippers though, really nice and quiet, don't get too hot and easy for an amateur to use!  :005:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »
Claire

She looks great even before the blending.  I attacked Pads last night, because OH took him for a walk and returned with a dog who was green: covered in hundreds of horrid lime green grass seeds.  Couldn't hand pick them out as too matted after Paddy decided to try to chew them out, so scissors it was.  His legs look like something out of an 18th century picture of Bedlam - that or else like chicken wings....oh dear.  Not even the thinning scissors could get it right.

Does clippering affect the regrowth or is it only if you leave them looking like a shorn lamb?

Denise

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
Looks good to me Claire.  When shall I bring Coco over for a trim?  :005:
Julie and Watson