Author Topic: Not all groomers scalp! (georges pics)  (Read 3306 times)

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
Not all groomers scalp! (georges pics)
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:16:19 PM »
Hi I'd like to share some piccies of George one of my customers dogs,I clip his coat and leave his feathering longer as his mum takes care in brushing him. I thought I'd post him here (with george mums permission)to hopefully restore the faith you may have lost in groomers (poor ones!)that have scalped your lovely pooches for no reason, believing this to be the typical 'cocker cut'. After reading some of your threads and seeing the photos I wanted to say that we are not all bad and its just a case of finding a groomer you trust who does a style you like on your cocker.I hope you like Georges pics,I for one think he's a real cutie :luv: Thanks for looking , Nicky x

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Re: Not all groomers scalp! (georges pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
I'm no expert, but if Bailey was clipped and he came back from the groomers looking like George, I would be really pleased.  :D  I think he looks lovely  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:14:17 PM »
Where are you based in the uk?

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:08:22 PM »
Hi Nicky

George is lovely.

Again a question that has already been asked - where are you based?
Look forward to hearing from you!

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 09:17:27 PM »
Yes, he looks very nice :luv:
however, clipping and leaving feathering is not my personal preference (think it looks a bit odd) and I don't like the way the ears have been shaved at the top and left longer at the bottom..

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate I am probably alone in my view, and you have done a great job - he looks like a cocker probably should look, but for me it is too 'manicured' like the poodles with bold bodies and hairy legs...

Having said that - it is infinately preferable to the 'completely scalped' look!!

Petra

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »
Hiya, thanks for your replies yes I'm based in Staffordshire I have a salon at a country kennels surrounded by enclosed fields/woodland (lucky me and my cocker Perry)I've been grooming bout 4 yrs all breeds but obviously biased towards cockers!We've just started to get into the glam world of showing with our two and are thoroughly enjoying it ;)

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »
Yes, he looks very nice :luv:
however, clipping and leaving feathering is not my personal preference (think it looks a bit odd) and I don't like the way the ears have been shaved at the top and left longer at the bottom..

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate I am probably alone in my view, and you have done a great job - he looks like a cocker probably should look, but for me it is too 'manicured' like the poodles with bold bodies and hairy legs...

Having said that - it is infinately preferable to the 'completely scalped' look!!

I think that too.

He is lovely  :D.
Cayley.

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:45:25 PM »
 :D

Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:55:38 PM »
I know what you mean Luvly what with all these weird and wonderful x breeds emerging we have to rely on intuition as to the style to cut them in!I do prefer hand stripping but have to respect that its not for everyone,and I agree Petra they can look too manicured but you gotta remember that the trim you send them out the door with has to last them 6-12 weeks thats why I trim them as neat as poss otherwise I'd have wooly mammoths piling in through my door every few weeks! :005:

ps Luvly your black and white looks fab, really nice job from the bits I can see v pretty face, and yeah know what you mean my thumb looks like I've banged it with a hammer at times :005:

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 09:54:30 AM »
luvly, that cocker looks gorgeous :luv:

can I just ask - what are snorkies???  obviously a yorkie cross, but with what???

Petra

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 10:00:32 AM »
I agree, I am not keen on the manicured look.  As Coco is a pet and will never be used for showing, I like her to look a bit of a scruff bag.  Or casually unkempt - a bit like myself really  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 10:46:22 AM »
I though Coco looked gorgeous when we met you on Saturday - Clive also has the 'tousled' look  :luv: :luv:
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline amanda

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 10:47:29 AM »
luvly, that cocker looks gorgeous :luv:

can I just ask - what are snorkies???  obviously a yorkie cross, but with what???

I thought yorkie cross Schnauzer
Amanda, Indie and Zephie

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
I though Coco looked gorgeous when we met you on Saturday - Clive also has the 'tousled' look  :luv: :luv:

I agree: although Joules' "Bad Hair Day" pic is still stuck in my mind from months ago - and I was delighted to see it demo'd on Saturday in person.   Best I can do with Pads is give him a suspect side parting at the moment.  Stephen wanted to take Clive home: loves curly blue roans.....