Author Topic: Hand Stripping - Do I need more than marigolds?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Hand Stripping - Do I need more than marigolds?
« on: August 23, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
Hi

I'm a new member although have been viewing for a few months now (was waiting until I changed e-mail addresses but as t*lk t*alk are taking their time I couldn't wait any longer).  So thanks I've already picked up alot of helpful advise & isn't it addictive!!

I'll try to be brief.  I have a 14 month blue roan who has been clipped twice, the 1st time was very severe but that's another story, the last trim was 5 weeks ago & upon my request the groomer didn't trim much off his back, the last week or so it's gone a bit fluffy so last niight with marigolds I started hand stripping - bless him he just sat there!   :angel:
Question is if I do decide to continue in this way do I still need to buy the spratts 76 comb/slicker/thinning scissors?

The coat king looks a very useful device but if i can do it by hand successfully then I'd rather carry on this way.  Although when the time comes I don't think I fancy cutting his eyelashes (they go extremely long).  So maybe if I could just handstip his coat in between trips to the grommers it would just help. 
We had him when he was 10 months & I'm smitten. :blink:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry