Author Topic: Barney and Jade's Day at a Grooming Workshop  (Read 8977 times)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
Barney and Jade's Day at a Grooming Workshop
« on: October 08, 2006, 09:45:56 PM »
Barney and AnnieM's Jade spent the day at a grooming workshop today, with us of course!

Both Ann and I had a great time and learnt loads. There were three of us on the grooming workshop, and Lynette, the instructor, was fab.  :D  Two of us were not intending to show and Ann is. Although I don't want to show Barney I did want to strip him, and trim him as if he was going to be shown, rather than clip him. The things I were shown to do were slightly different to how Ann was shown for how to groom for showing, so we all got what we needed to out of it, and ended up with fabulous looking dogs!

Compared to Jade, Barney was a total fluff ball, and thats after I'd stripped some out at home.  :005:  I say was because a beautiful rich red coat has emerged from beneath all that fluff!  :luv:  I can't believe what a difference its made, its like I've come home with a different dog!  :005: And he's so thin, he's looked like a barrel for months, but it was all pure fluff.

Ann's going to post pics of Jade, but I bet she's busy right now......she was going home to attack Amber!

I wish I'd taken a before pic, but this is the best I can do for before  :-\

and after  :luv:

I don't think the pic does him justice really, might try again in daylight tomorrow. It doesn't show up very well that he really has a two tone effect, rich gold body and light gold feathering and legs.

Jade and Barney did so well, they put up with us all day and all they wanted to do was go to sleep in the end.  :luv:

Both Ann and I felt very proud of what we achieved.  :D

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Re: Barney and Jade's Day at a Grooming Workshop
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »
Sam, Barney looks AMAZING :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

What a clever girl you are :shades:  Sounds like a great course, so glad you enjoyed it :Dxxxxx

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »
Barney looks very smart.  :luv:

I wonder how long he'll stay that way.  :005:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »
Barney looks very smart.  :luv:

I wonder how long he'll stay that way.  :005:

So do I.  ::)  By the time he's had his early morning walk tomorrow his beautifully groomed feathering will be straggly again......until nasty mummy get the hairdryer out again!  :005:

One good thing, now all that puppy fluffs gone, his back won't have to be dried!  :D
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »
 :luv: :luv: Well done Sam, you did a great job,Barney looks all 'growed up' and gorgeous as ever :luv: Jnan and Flo

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 10:16:38 PM »
Had a fantastic day, so well worth the trip.  I will put photo's on of Jade tomorrow as I had to do my sons hair when I got in and haven't had time.   ::)  I am doing Amber tomorrow night now.  The difference in Barney is AMAZING, he really was a little fluff ball, even more so than in the first picture, he was so well behaved too, apart from in the bath.   ph34r (cried like a girl, sorry Barney!!)  :005:  Lovely to meet Sam too of course.  

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:22:33 PM »

The difference in Barney is AMAZING, he really was a little fluff ball, even more so than in the first picture, he was so well behaved too, apart from in the bath.   ph34r (cried like a girl, sorry Barney!!)  :005:  

ph34r  ph34r You're so right, how embarrasing.  ::) He has a bath nearly every week with never too much carrying on, he made so much noise today he was unbelievable.  ::) He is a big baby though, squeals at the drop of a hat.  :005:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
Brilliant job!!   :D  He looks fantastic  :luv: :luv:

It doesn't show up very well that he really has a two tone effect, rich gold body and light gold feathering and legs.

Bailey has that.  A deep red on his back but really light feathering on his legs.  I love it!!!  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 10:51:57 PM »
Brilliant job!!   :D  He looks fantastic  :luv: :luv:

It doesn't show up very well that he really has a two tone effect, rich gold body and light gold feathering and legs.

Bailey has that.  A deep red on his back but really light feathering on his legs.  I love it!!!  :luv:

Thanks Elisa.  :D  So Bailey has stayed that way then?  I wondered if it was still puppy fur and would change as he got older, but maybe not then.

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »
Wow he looks beautiful hun :luv:
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 11:06:16 PM »
:clapping: Very smart :clapping:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 11:09:05 PM »
he looks fantastic, you've done a great job
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Scootysmum

• Site Member
  • Scoots, mum Molly and sis Daisy on 3rd b-day!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
Agree - Barney looks beautiful. Scooter also was a gigantic fluff ball (and in fact, even at the age of 15 months he's still quite fluffy  :luv:). Same colouring as Bailey and Barney - red on his back, blonde feathering....all stunning golden boys!

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:42:10 AM »
Well done
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »
I've tried to take a couple of pics that show his two tone effect.

This is with the flash

This is without the flash