Author Topic: What would you expect for £25?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline allym

• Site Member
  • Grrrrrrrrr!
Re: What would you expect for £25?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:51:50 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  I guess I wasn't being totally unrealistic - I just need to find a new groomer! Anyone know of any in Wiltshire?! 
Ally and Henry the Hound xx

Offline Naughty Pair

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »
Hi

Have my 2 done every 8 weeks - I have all of their coats taken off, a bath, ears cleaned, nails trimmed and they come out with a lovely bow (which lasts all of a few hours! ;)

They come out looking like 2 black lambs, very shiny! 

Both done for £50.00!!  Which is good I think.

They like going there as well which means alot.
Jane :D
Love Jane

Mum to Annie and Teri

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 01:29:52 PM »
I pay £30 for the pair of mine ph34r.  That includes clipping all over and bathing & drying.  I do have to stay to help with Nelly though because she's very very timid and it takes a good few hours to do her.  Also, she can't be dried with the hairdryer because it scares her to bits.  Sue, my groomer, baths Nelly first then leaves her to dry in a warm room while she does Dillon, who loves being bathed & dried  :luv:

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »
I groom 1 or 2 pet cockers that belong to friends and family and I charge £18 that includes the full works, bath, trim, clip, nails, anal glands etc and they always go home smelling wonderful!!  I think thats prob cheap but it's nice to regulary see some of our dogs that we bred  :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »
I was talking to a lady I see fairly regularly whilst out walking & she told me she had been quoted £18.00 for a hand-strip for her norwich terrier which I thought sounded extremely cheap especially in the expensive South!! ;)

Possibly a norwich terrier might be cheaper than a cocker? I haven't seen her since so don't know what sort of job the groomer did!! :shades:
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »
We paid £28 for Bella and she came back looking smart, smelling absolutely gooooooooorgeous and with a pink bow on her collar  ;)

She had trimmed some of her nails but they didn't all need doing, she did under her chin but not as much as I'd like cos she's a wriggler! She'd done her head and her ears but again I don't feel she'd taken enough off the inside of her ears. Other than general bits'n'bobs she'd done well with her. The only bit she'd left completely which I found odd was her 'bits' where the hair grows long, she hadn't trimmed it.

She had obviously had spa treatment though, she smelt better than I've ever smelt her (or my own hair for that matter!) I don't know what products she uses but I want some.

As it was her first time, the lady was a bit cautious as hubby had told her that the previous one (my sil) had cut her too short. Next time I hope she'll take more off her.

I think you were let down tbh.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 10:27:22 PM »
I'm in Manchester and pay £28 for the works. He even comes home with a blue ribbon on his collar  :005:

Offline Denise

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 09:15:38 AM »
Indie is going on Monday for his first "hairdoo"   :005:
Poor thing he looks like a Yeti at the minute brushed or not

They are charging £24 for a bath nails clipped full groom and trimming and feathering..........I'll have to take some before and after pics :005: ...............pity the groomer though!!! Indie hates even getting brushed and wriggles like mad. I have warned her though and she says its no problem..........we'll see!!
Denise

Offline rainey f

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 03:41:16 PM »
maybe next time you need to ask what your paying for . . . .  .saying that i came out of the hairdressers once looking like "fright zone" and was too embarrassed to complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
lorraine and jo jo