Author Topic: Yippee!!!  (Read 1044 times)

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
Yippee!!!
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
Hurley is finally booked in to the groomers - people were starting to refer to him as a bear rather than a cocker!!  ::)

I called up today and the earliest the groomer can come and see us (she is mobile with a van!!) is Wednesday 6th December - I am clearly in the wrong business!!

This is him at the moment .... http://photo.ringo.com/169/169105996O806222683.jpg  ::)  ::)

I think I would probably prefer to keep his top knot abeit a little less fluffy and get his ears trimmed a bit shorter and I would prefer to have him stripped rather than clipped and just really want to get rid of the puppy fluff and hopefully reveal a lovely coat!!!

Is there anything I need to ask for specifically or just give instructions as above? I really dont want to have my baby coming back with no fur!

Thanks

Cx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Saffie

• Site Member
Re: Yippee!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:35:54 AM »
I asked a similar question last week and it is in here somewhere...

What do I ask for?

I wrote a long list just so the groomers knew what I wanted and had a firm picture in their mind. It does take a few days to get use to them when they have had a hair cut but now I look back at the pictures and can not believe how much fluff she had this time last week. She was called a wolf in the park so I knew it was time to book her in.

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 12:45:34 PM »
I'm not sure that many mobile groomers do hand-stripping?  Most groomers feel it is too time-consuming.

Maybe phone them to check what they will be able to do?

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:51:14 PM »
Thanks sportsmonki - I already confirmed that she did this.

Thanks Saffie - I have looked on your post and will be printing up your pics to show the groomer what I want Hurley to look like!!

Cx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »
Wow!  That's great you found a groomer that will handstrip  :D

Good Luck...hope you are happy with the results.

Let us see the 'after' photos?

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »
Will PM you with a great picture of Rachel's Molo (IW Lass) that I downloaded...