Author Topic: OH - MY - GOD!  (Read 10702 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: OH - MY - GOD!
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »
aww bless her  :D ... like others have said, would take a bit off her head to blend in with her shorter look  ;)..but she looks lovely  :luv:
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »
I don't think it's too bad, depends what you asked for in the 1st place though.
What is it with the topknots though? I hate them  ;)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »
Mom said she looks like a poodle with the topknot  :lol:  ph34r

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 12:05:17 AM »
What were you worrying about?  The last photos especially she looks lovely. Although have to say I'm really not sure about the head. I thought it was the hair that had been trimmed had been balanced on her head  ph34r
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 10:27:30 AM »
I have to agree, it all looks good until you get to the head then. It looks like it doesn't fit in with the rest of her now. She is still very cute and huggy looking.  ;)
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »
Although have to say I'm really not sure about the head. I thought it was the hair that had been trimmed had been balanced on her head  ph34r

:005:  :005:  :005:  :005:  :005:  :005:

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 11:14:42 AM »
It looks like a split decision, some think she looks OK, some thinks she looks awful.

Personally, I'm over the shock and have got used to it, but I definately won't be taking her there again, by the way, if you knew what I'd paid you'd be outraged.

I think that was one of the problems, I expected much more for my money, never mind, you live and learn.  ph34r

Penel

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2006, 01:10:02 PM »

never mind, you live and learn.  ph34r

exactly, and it will grow back...maybe someone on COL knows a better groomer in your area ?

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »

Sue - now that Indy's hair is so short you have a good basis to learn how to trim her yourself, should you wish.  :lol: Many of us COlers have learnt how to do it over the years - whilst we might not be upto doing a proper show trim we can still achieve a reasonably presentable pet finish that is better than the one your groomer did ( more natural than the clippers). All the info is on the grooming section. A coat king, a pair of thinners and some straight edged scissors would be enough to get you started - plus a slicker brush if you don't already have one. In the long run you'd save yourself a lot of money and may even come to enjoy doing it.

The beehive would be a good place to start ( I think opinion was unanimous on that - a big thumbs down  :lol: ) - put on some rubber gloves and get tugging away. Trust me, once you see a nice sleak domed Cocker head ( one of their best features ) you won't miss the topknot at all - if you do, it will always grow back. I was reluctant to remove Jimmy's topknot and didn't give in until he was 20 months old - I soon saw the errror of my ways and wondered whatever I'd been thinking in letting him go round looking like a big haired freak.  :lol:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
yep the beehive must go sorry  :shades: :005:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Penel

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »
wondered whatever I'd been thinking in letting him go round looking like a big haired freak.  :lol:

PMSL  :005:

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:30 PM »
Oh fer goodness sakes!- Hamish's haircut was the worst ever, and by god he's had some worse since, by me!- It ain't dog abuse, it's a HAIRCUT, it grows back people ;) :005:

And Hamish has anothr paw cyst and shall be paw shaved tomorrow - phone cockerline! :lol:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »
do not let lisa(silkstocking) see her topnot.she'll be round your house with the scissors before you know it :005:
i think she looks lovely but the topknot needs to go :luv:

Penel

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2006, 11:07:10 PM »
Oh fer goodness sakes!- Hamish's haircut was the worst ever, and by god he's had some worse since, by me!- It ain't dog abuse, it's a HAIRCUT, it grows back people ;) :005:

yes but the point was that this was supposed to be a good haircut !!!  we all know it grows back  ;)

sorry to hear Hamish has had another cyst...

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »
 :005: :005: That topknot is freaky!!!  Looking at the first picture, I thought the angle was funny and that was fur from her backend.  The rest of the pics don't look too bad.  If they used clippers, how come there are straggly hairs coming from her paws though?
Bailey and Mom