Author Topic: OH - MY - GOD!  (Read 10788 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: OH - MY - GOD!
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2006, 01:32:13 AM »
My groomer clips my two's whiskers as well but then if you saw how whiskery Wilf gets --- he looks like an old grey man with a bushy beardmuzzle. Plus his eyelashes get snipped but then they do begin to stop him seeing anything if they weren't
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2007, 01:24:48 PM »
If only I could remember how to post pictures I'd show you the complete pig's breakfast I've made of Paddy this weekend.  On the legs front - he could give Gill's two a run for their money.  I'm just completely crap at grooming him.  Luckily his back and flanks aren't any trouble and just combing/brushing this area is enough, but his chest and legs are like thick rusty black wool - thinning scissors, CoatKing - both take loads out but make no difference to the neatness or texture.

And how the devil do you get the little bu**ers to stand still to let you trim that horrid beardy bit under their muzzle?  Paddy is hopping about like a lunatic when the scissors get near his face despite numerous repeated "desensitise & reward" efforts....

Hurray for whiskers and eyelashes too, though......God help the mister who comes between me and my whisker.....tra la la la

Denise

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »
yep, know what you mean about the 'beardy' bit - Saffy has a 'mature' beardy bit which catches anything and everything she eats, so I'm constantly wiping her mouth and she hates it ::)  but just cannot get her to be still enough so I can trim it...............same problem with her feet, they're like mops, but my normally placid little dog initially went  berserk when I even went to touch her feet, let alone trim them - have to say she is getting better, but it's a long old job ph34r  any advice anyone??????????

ooops - have I gone off thread sorry.......... ph34r

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2007, 08:45:42 PM »
I would never trim whiskers off - they use them.... tisn't as if they use a topknot for anything is it, apart from maybe a cushion if they are doing a headstand  :lol:

:lol: I once read this on a list of doggie Do's and Don'ts ...

"DON'T trim your dog's whiskers. Dogs use their whiskers to determine the size of their head, which is important when they are out shopping for a new hat."

But as my dogs don't have topknots they don't need hats, so they don't need whiskers either.  :blink:

FANTASTIC!

I HATE Whiskers!
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »
yep, know what you mean about the 'beardy' bit - Saffy has a 'mature' beardy bit which catches anything and everything she eats, so I'm constantly wiping her mouth and she hates it ::)  but just cannot get her to be still enough so I can trim it...............same problem with her feet, they're like mops, but my normally placid little dog initially went  berserk when I even went to touch her feet, let alone trim them - have to say she is getting better, but it's a long old job ph34r  any advice anyone??????????

ooops - have I gone off thread sorry.......... ph34r

If they are pets and not shown you could wizz it off with the clippers before they even have time to flinch  ;)
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2007, 08:50:32 PM »
Yep, Coco is whisker-free too.  What self respecting girlie wants whiskers all over her chops?  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »
It could have been a lot worse. Not like poor Vegas and Dallas (sorry Gill).

Indy looks fine, no need to panic.  What I want to know is what happened to vegas and dallas?
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
It could have been a lot worse. Not like poor Vegas and Dallas (sorry Gill).

Indy looks fine, no need to panic.  What I want to know is what happened to vegas and dallas?

Take a look at this - page 2 has the pics  ;)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=20034.15
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »
Ok, ignore that last comment I have have found the infamous Vegas and Dallas shots.  Oh those poor boys.   :'( :'(I have to say I would have lost the plot with the groomers and I use the word "groomers" in the loosest possible terms.    I hope the boys are back to normal and are not feeling the cold anymore.  My thoughts are with you.   Indy, believe me you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about! 

Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2007, 09:44:30 PM »
Haven't you ever seen a dog using their whiskers - I shall have to get a video of Lola using hers.  If I put my hand towards her mouth, all her whiskers move towards my hand...they "feel" with them, like cats do.... you shouldn't cut them off tsk tsk.  And just to prove I'm right, in case anyone was doubting me  :005:
http://www.tamu.edu/tamunews/News/stories/05/090105news-3.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061218120433AAJ8l5i

jarvs whiskers are really sensitive, they are staying ph34r :shades:  aesthetics don't win over function with me
helen & jarvis x

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2007, 01:07:12 AM »
  aesthetics don't win over function with me

Has Jarvis been invited to a function that requires the wearing of an aesthetically displeasing hat then ?  :lol: