Author Topic: shampoo  (Read 2689 times)

Offline shaz

• Site Member
shampoo
« on: August 24, 2003, 10:06:14 PM »
hi
does anyone know what shampoo is best for my black and white pup, most of the shampoos i have looked at are for white dogs and are unclear if you can use them on parti colours, i want her white to be really clean looking.

shaz.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
shampoo
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 11:26:29 PM »
What I use for my orange&whites and light blueroan is called "Bio Groom Super White" (it's for white and other light coloured dogs, but you can wash the black parts with it too, it doesn't affect the colour at all).
I don't know if you get this in U.K (I live in Finland but I think Bio Groom is an american product)? After every wash I use "Bio Groom Silk Rinse" as a conditioner.                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
shampoo
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 09:16:40 AM »
I use Wahl All Out Purple shampoo for our light orange & our black & white girls - it's recommended for particolour coats & doesn't affect the black markings either.                    
Jane

Offline gerry

• Site Member
shampoo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 12:34:37 PM »
Can you use ordinary shampoo on dogs?  I have used puppy shampoo and recently when I ran out I used Pantene 2-in-1 on him and he came up a treat!  Beautiful silky coat and shiny too - but should I use it again or stick to dog shampoo?                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
shampoo
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 03:12:55 PM »
Gerry this has been discussed previously on the board and whilst some of us like to use human shampoo's I prefer to stick with the dog ones as I think the human ones have too many chemicals in them  ;D                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
shampoo
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 02:26:55 AM »
hey i have a blue roan i use : shaws
black coat shampoo. for grey black or mainly black dogs. from petsmart i think i got it .
and on the back it says for black,blue, grey and charcoal dogs , and any of these with white patches,
It has the address here
Shaws pet products ltd
Aylesbury,bucks
Hp19 8rb
I dont use human shampoo but i do use the conditoner                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
shampoo
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 10:31:17 AM »
Shaws shampoos are good & can be ordered online at http://www.shawspet.co.uk/pages/9%20dogs.shampoo.html I wouldn't use the Black shampoo on a black & white or very light blue roan though - their White shampoo would probably be more suitable for these colours.                    
Jane

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
shampoo
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 08:51:36 PM »
Hi

Having just read these posts I feel a bit foolish.  I didn't realise that there was special shampoo that could be used for Blue Roans,  I just use a basic shampoo and a Shaws conditioner.

Better pay a visit to the Pet Shop and check it out!!

Steve                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
shampoo
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 10:59:01 PM »
No need to use a special shampoo for blue roans Steve unless you really want to ;) I've always used basic shampoos for our blues & they look fine to me :)                    
Jane

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
shampoo
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 09:50:57 AM »
Thanks Jane

Saved me a visit to the pet shop and a basket full of things I dont need but cant resist.

Steve