Author Topic: General Dog Grooming Course  (Read 689 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
General Dog Grooming Course
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »
In 20 minutes I am off to start my Dog Grooming course :D

It is for 2 hours on a Tuesday night and for 10 sessions.  Hopefully, I will learn about general grooming, and then towards the end I might ask the course tutor if they will give me a one to one on Cocker grooming.  Not sure what the course covers, but it should be fun :005:

Watch out Mollie and Daisy ph34r
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: General Dog Grooming Course
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
Have fun and let us know how it goes!  :D
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:38:20 PM »
There was 8 of us in total on the course.  The room has two baths with showers for the water.  Three grooming tables and a cold air blower for drying off whilst the dog is still in the bath and a dryer on a stand.

The woman who is teaching us runs her own grooming salon locally.  To be honest she isn't the best 'teacher' she didn't have much flow to her presentation and it didn't help that this is the first time she was using this new grooming room so she didn't know where the equipment was kept and couldn't find things :-\.

We had to bath a dog (well 4 of us) and then use the dryers to dry them off.  She showed us different grooming equipment to use on the short haired dog and the Irish terrier and then we all had a go with the stripping knife.

The trainer told us that this course only covers general grooming and that if people want to continue it past this, then she runs a 28 day course which goes into more detail.  I think a few of the women on the course want to set up on their own grooming, and they weren't too pleased.  For me it's just an interest and hopefully will help me with grooming my two.  Although, you can't beat the help and information you get here on COL :005:

We can take our dogs in to work on, although mine are going to be groomed on Monday  ph34r , so didn't fancy taking them next tuesday night to be washed again ;)  Maybe in a couple of weeks.....

Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Boo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 08:13:37 PM »
We can take our dogs in to work on, although mine are going to be groomed on Monday  ph34r , so didn't fancy taking them next tuesday night to be washed again ;)  Maybe in a couple of weeks.....

I have two available you can practise on!  :005: