Author Topic: Forever Fuzzy?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Forever Fuzzy?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »
Is there a specific one you have?
Well if you haven't already ordered one  ph34r we went for the 20 blade, extra fine one.

I haven't, I've been reading about them on a few webbys trying to decide which one to get  :005:  As your two are workers too Rhona I think I'll go for the 20 blade as well  :shades:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »
Tori ( liaths sister) before haircut

and after
shes on the far right of the pic..at the back. she gets some feathering left as well as her ears and some on her belly  shes spayed and a worker , sandra also uses a mikki stripping comb for in betweens. Both of the liver roan girls have thick coats and as you can see liath and pepper although spayed and sisters of tori dont have thick coats. a quick brush does them.

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »
Michele groomed Paddy for the first time (solid black) and he's got the "valance effect" (great description, Sarah!).  Paddy was on the grooming table and I stood behind him and lifted his front paws up so that he was standing on his hindlegs with his belly facing Michele and she just ran the clippers over his tummy.  There's a central strip of almost-bald skin, with hair fringing it then his thinned out skirt.  You can't tell at all - not even immediately obvious when he lies on his back either.  This was a bit of a half-way house attempt with Pads as it was his first time having clippers near him and he wouldn't tolerate them anywhere else - so it was a gentle but fast commando raid on his tum!  Next time, I'd keep that area near bald and the fringes to it (now about 1.5cm long) even shorter, then the fringing. 

Michele CoatKing'ed his back (is that now a verb??? I CoatKing, You CoatKing, - decline at will!) and took out a load of stuff from his coat - looks shinier and feels lighter.  He definitely coped better with the heat this weekend, even with long woodland romps!

Denise

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »
Hi folks

Where can I get a coat king.  I presume this will help my fuzzy cocker spaniel, as fish oil added to her food doesn't seem to be working.  She is a show type, so will I need the 20 or the 26.   Next time shes clipped we might go for the "valance effect" as well.

Lynne
mollypooch

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 08:19:21 AM »
I got mine from here:   http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/index.html

You can also get them here though:   http://www.hubint.com/

Coco is a show type and i got the 20 blade for her  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Bertie

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »
We have got a 26 blade Coat King for Sasha - she is a show type. This website is very good and recommended by our breeder..

http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/

http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/coat_kings.html
Mars Super Fine Coat King
W30mm | 26 blades/0.8mm gap
Price: £26.54

They have lots of usefull grooming tools on there including the Spratts Combs.  :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:32 PM »
neutered, clipped and liver....funny that tilly is fuzzy then :005:

coat king her and spratts with rubber band - jarv is moulting and is a bit fuzzy,  most of it is winter coat coming out, and even though he's not as fuzzy as tilly i still get hand fulls of brown fluff out.

try to avoid clipping her back especially, she'll only get fuzzier :shades:

where's a pic of her tum then to see how fuzzy she is?
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »
Coco is very fuzzy too - she looks like a little brown sheep at the moment  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »
Help !

Don't want to sound stupid, but which is the correct coat king to buy the "Mars" or the "Simpsons".  I don't want to pay £20 + and buy the wrong thing.  One seems to be a coat king the other a rake, but both look similar.  Also Molly's being clipped next week, should I not have her clipped on her back where the fuzz is, or have her clipped all over and use the coat king when the fuzz returns in a few weeks.   Will using a coat king really make her coat glossy, unstead of fuzzy.  I know it won't happen overnight, but I would like her to have a glossy coat instead of the fuzz.   how often should the coat king be used. 

Lynne
mollypooch

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »
Help !

Don't want to sound stupid, but which is the correct coat king to buy the "Mars" or the "Simpsons".  I don't want to pay £20 + and buy the wrong thing.  One seems to be a coat king the other a rake, but both look similar.  Also Molly's being clipped next week, should I not have her clipped on her back where the fuzz is, or have her clipped all over and use the coat king when the fuzz returns in a few weeks.   Will using a coat king really make her coat glossy, unstead of fuzzy.  I know it won't happen overnight, but I would like her to have a glossy coat instead of the fuzz.   how often should the coat king be used. 

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I don't know about the "correct" one, but I've got the MArs 20 blade and it's great on my spayed show-type cocker.  We did have a 26 blade one but I found it didn't have much of an impact on her coat - I found the 20 inch one much more effective.  The advice I've had is to use it once a week, so that is what I tend to do (or a particularly thorough session once a fortnight!)  The coat king has returned the gloss to my Tilly's coat (she's a solid black and it's very noticeable if her coat goes dull).  I  also supplement the coat king with some Show Silk products, which I can recommend to bring out a lovely glossy shine (I use the show silk leave in conditioner and the small bottle of serum stuff)  All of the above I got from HUB international, quite expensive but worth it as they are very effective and last for ages.

Sorry, can't answer your questions about clipping as Tills has never been clipped.  Hope someone's along to help you there soon.

HTH

Sue and Tilly

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »
Help !

Lynne

I really wouldn't clip Molly's body at all if you want her to have a glossy coat as this is where all of my Tilly's problems stem from. She's a rescue and her previous owners had her scalped all over when I got her and it has now grown back madly fuzzy as I described in my original post  ::)
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 07:44:47 AM »
Coco is spayed so hand stripping is not an option.  If I shouldn't clip her, what is the best way to keep her tidy and hold back the fuzz?  :huh: ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 07:57:32 AM »
Tilly is spayed and I think I manage to keep her looking reasonably tidy using a coat king (20 blade) and thinning scissors.  She hasn't got the finish she had when she was hand stripped, obviously, but she looks respectable and not too fuzzy!

So I would recommend investing in a coat king and thinning scissors.

Sue and Tilly

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 07:59:42 AM »
I have both of those but not sure I can control the amount of hair Coco has - especially as she is not very cooperative being groomed.  >:(  Will have to get some extra yummy treats methinks  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Boo

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 12:41:17 PM »
Hi, I've just been looking on Ebay and someone is selling brand new Mars Coat King 20 for £18.99 or best offer!  Postage is only £1.75 too so a bargain to be had for someone!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-new-Mars-Coat-King-20-Blade-Dog-grooming_W0QQitemZ200100862489QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem