Poll

how do i do this bit

how do i do this bit
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: how do i do the part between the eyes?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
how do i do the part between the eyes?
« on: September 21, 2003, 02:19:49 AM »
:Dello gals  ;D
Right heres a question i have a blue roan shes got two black eyes and her muzzel is grey.
Now on her head the hair is really smooth and soft the same for the muzzel but between her eyes she has this grey hairs that grow up and the hairs are very thick.  ::)
Now when i do her hair how do i groom this part ??it sticks up past her head when ive finished grooming the head ah im stuck!!.if i got rid of it where would i stop theres black under it :oand how would it blend into the grey muzzel. :-                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 10:35:45 AM »
The area between the eyes where the head joins the muzzle is called the stop & you would handstrip the excess hairs that grow here with your finger & thumb. Trying wearing rubber stationary thimbles or the fingers cut off from a rubber glove to give you a better grip. Some people also use a stripping stone on this area (looks a bit like a pumice stone) to get a smooth effect.                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 10:36:57 PM »
I feel a bit mean pulling the hairs out :-[ i know how much it hurts when i do my eyebrows.
 :o what am i going to be like when i ask how to do the fronts of the legs im sure your going to say pull the hair out, but its so long and thick ;D ::)                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 10:02:36 AM »
It really is nothing like plucking your eyebrows! If you are stripping the hair out correctly & its ready to come, it shouldn't hurt the dog at all, although most pups take a short while to get used to the sensation :)

As for trimming the legs, if you look at past threads, you'll find info on this subject. If you're aiming to show, then handstripping is best but if the hair is v thick, then careful use of thinning scissors combined with hand stripping is the best way to go.                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 11:41:49 AM »
thanks ;D ill see what she thinks of the plucking effect later ;)