Author Topic: thin fur?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
thin fur?
« on: October 04, 2003, 12:09:44 PM »
Jane when do cockers coats finish there puppy like fur ?
My 19month  over there <<< her furs lovely everywhere  except my grooming of course  ;D her coats really shiney and thick every where but the fur on her stomach/sides is kinda thin and dosent grow much any ideas what to do?
i think the thing is the furn just before the back leg turns in so it dosent show very well but even then its still thin . lol its a bit hard to exsplain  ::)
Mabe i need a groomer  :-[                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
thin fur?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 04:40:57 PM »
Some Cockers never grow a lot of hair under their tummies but as your girl is 19 months old, I'm guessing she has had at least one season. After a season, a bitch will often drop all their tummy feathering - if you're lucky it grows back, but sometimes it does not without having a litter (or being spayed) Its the luck of the draw really I'm afraid :) Sometimes coat supplements help but not always. We currently give "Restore" a supplement made by Stock Nutrition (http://www.doghealth.co.uk/) to our girls when they are short of coat but there's no guarantee it will work :)                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
thin fur?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 11:12:45 PM »
Shes had two seasons just finished one about a month back thats when i noticed it . ive found that since ive been cutting it  when it looks straggly it looks thicker but i dont know mabe i will have to invest in some hair extentions ;) hey  theres a point when at shows how do they know they havent added bits on here and there or even dye the fur?