Author Topic: Grooming parlour DISASTER  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Grooming parlour DISASTER
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »
Sorry you & Charlie have had a disaster  :'(
Trust me, it'll grow back.   ;)

Max had to be shaved when we got him as he was in a bad state.
If you need any re-assurance I can post some pics.  ;)  (He looked like a dalmation at first but it has grown back lovely  :luv:)
He is now only trimmed with scissors & a coat king though.

Try not to be too upset, sadly Charlie is not the 1st & wont be the last with a bad experience at the groomers.  But I'm sure he doesn't care what he looks like  ;)
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 06:22:18 PM »
sorry to hear about your disaster.  i know how you feel, i had several attempts at finding somebody, one groomer i took bracken to, made me feel so upset, because she does tend to be nervous and whimpered.   i felt like a terrible owner by what she said to me, i have now found somebody who really treats bracken well and whilst she still whimpered she treats her with kindness.  take care

Daydreams

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »
Thanks again, everyone. :-* I've calmed down a bit now, but have promised myself that in future I'll only let slicker, scissors and Coat King near Charlie. ;)

Silkex

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 06:39:53 PM »
Aww sorry you are disappointed with Charlie's trim (((hug))) ..I'm sure it will soon grow back and you will feel happier  ;) 
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 01:13:14 AM »
Don't worry, it will grow back, and very often a one time clipping does not alter the coat, it is repeated clipping that creates the changes. Chances are that Charlies hair will come back with very little change in texture.

I agree with the others, that was extremely unprofessional and uncalled for on the part of the groomer. I certainly wouldn't be going there again!  >:(
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 01:16:41 AM »
I wouldn't go there again either & I'd also write & tell them why.

what on earth does she expect from a ten month old pup, especially when it's his first time at the groomers  ::)

Don't worry the fur will grow back, once you've got over the shock you may actually like it as it's sssooooo much easier to dry when they are very short.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »
I definitely wouldn't panic, Tilly's coat is completely ruined by repeated clipping by her previous owners - I got her when she was 2 and she looked like a little brown shorn sheep - but it had taken pretty much 2 years of being totally clipped back every 6 weeks to get her into that state so I would think that one clipping episode shouldn't have too much of an effect on Charlie's coat. 
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/