Author Topic: Clipping/scissor problems with young Cocker  (Read 118 times)

Offline silke

• Site Member
Clipping/scissor problems with young Cocker
« on: March 25, 2024, 04:02:58 PM »
Hi all,
I have an 11 month old lovely Cocker boy and I have brushed him regularly, which he is absolutely fine with. However, as soon as I try and trim or even dry his feet, he gets 'upset', he pulls his feet away and clearly doesn't like it. The same when I try to get the (very quiet!) clippers to him to clipper off a tangle that has unfortunately formed on his belly. He has been to the groomer twice and was apparently really good there, so I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried to click/treat for holding the equipment near him, then stroking him with it, touching his paws, belly etc, but as soon as I want to get to work  :005: we struggle. I am very frightened of hurting him or putting him off etc, so maybe I am a bit hesitant. Does anyone have advice? I have invested in a grooming table but I am frightened he will fall off it.  ph34r By the way, even with OH holding tasty treats or a licki mat, it doesn't work.  :huh:
Thanks in advance for your suggestions or even similar experiences to that I don't feel so bad!  :lol2: