Author Topic: Dumb question here............  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Cass

• Site Member
Dumb question here............
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:48:23 PM »
 ph34r Hope this isn't a blond question but I received my set of clippers in the post today, so I'm going to be a very busy person on the weekend. Have to admit I'm scared...........I would like to know, I have to bath her first, is this correct, to protect the blades! Using oil on the blades every now and again while clipping..correct?

Now is she going to be covered in oil and then I have to bath again...........or what is the best way to go about it? ph34r

Told you it was a blond question, no offence to anyone! :005:

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
Re: Dumb question here............
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »
Must admit, I don't bath Jesse before being clipped... I give him a bath at a different day. The reason in his case is that giving him a bath and then blow dry him takes more than an hour, and clipping also takes about an hour (he is an American Cocker though so takes longer clipping than your cocker I would assume). I don't want him to stand quiet for two hours, so I split the two!

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
You only need to use a tiny drop of oil, I put a drop on each end of the blades and run them for a few seconds. Any excess oil can be dabbed of with a piece of kitchen roll. I clip when the fur is clean. Shower saturday clip sunday. Don't forget let the clippers do the work don't press down on them.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Cass

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 11:48:53 PM »
Thank you for that. :D