Author Topic: how much do you pay?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: how much do you pay?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »
I used to pay £25 for a bath, pet clip, nails etc......once I got two, I decided to learn how to do it myself  :005:

I do Wilf myself these days but not Ruby --- she's way too scary :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cobaltblue

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 07:40:56 AM »
My groomer charges £30 for William - that's a clip not a handstrip, with bath, nails clip etc...  I'm happy to pay that because William loves her and skips into the grooming parlour every time we go.  My groomer suggested every nine weeks, but I think seven will be better has he's starting to resemble a woolly mammoth after eight week  :005:

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »
Murphys cut costs £24 for a bath, clip and nails finished off with a spritz of body spray  ::)

His groomer is lovely although I never believed her when she said he is well behaved until last time he was there we drove past and saw him sat perfectly on the grooming table - I couldn't believe it was the same dog!

Offline Taffy Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:05 AM »
Jasper went to the Groomers (in Bedwas) yesterday for the first time.

We paid £24 for the works - bathed, nails clipped, teeth brushed etc and a lovely new "fur-do". (see pics posted in puppies)

I was really pleased with the way Jasper was trimmed - she hadnt been too "severe" with him and had left some of his lovely golden locks :005: - The girl was really lovely and Jasper seemed to like her so I will definitely go back there - but not sure when/how often. We bath/shower/brush him at home so it will only be when he needs another trim....

Fran - I think you have got a good deal there! 

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »
I used to pay about £26, but I do Indie myself now, as there are no groomers on the Island, nearest one is a three hour drive away :005:  Its amazing what you can learn when you have to ;)

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 05:06:36 PM »
Whistlers first puppy strip was £20 his full strip (about 2 hours) with bath, ears etc cost £25 I think its a bargin.

Viv

Offline Slave of Baxter

• Site Member
  • Baxter A.K.A. 'Bimble-bottom'
    • Dreamweezle Ferret & Small Animal Bedding
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 05:11:47 PM »

I pay £29 to have Baxter bathed, nails clipped and his coat tidied up with a coat king/thinning shears and scissors (I don't want him clipped).  He's with the groomer for 2 hours.

He goes every 8 weeks. 

I am gradually doing more and more of it myself... but he will not tollerate me going anywhere near his nether regions (groin) and this is where he always gets matted!  >:(
Jo
Owned by Baxter & Dillon living in Warwickshire