Author Topic: how much  (Read 1558 times)

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
how much
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
how much roughly do u guys pay for to get your puppies trimmed

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Re: how much
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »
I'm booking my girls to get groomed professionaly for the first time after xmas and i am being charged £20 each!

Pretty good i think!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:50:41 PM »
I pay £25 to get Tilly's fuzz clipped, they do her head and body and trim her feet etc. but leave her ears and feathering.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
i did pay 19 pounds the first time but i heard her shout at the dogs .so i take him somewere else and pay 25 pounds.they are so caring

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
ok ill need to go look tom as breeder has let me down again she promised me to do him tom im dead angry as dont know if im gonna get him done b4 xmas now  >:(

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:23:44 PM »
I took Blue to a new groomers last time, a friend of ours who has a cocker goes there and the cut was nice - also the groomer is a friend of my sisters and has been established for years.   Dropped Blue off at 9am had a little chat he wasnt ready until 2.30pm so she had him for 5.5 hours - she only charged me £18.50  :o  and his cut is lovely.  He seemed to like her too  :luv:

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »
We pay somewhere between £18 and £20 for a trim - thisis clipping tho but with feathers left  to keep the cocker look!

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »
I do dog grooming, and in the salon we charge 20 to 22 pounds now for a cocker, I have a friend that pays 35 to 40 for a cocker i told them that was two much so now he comes to me, i did him at home this time and was going to charge him 10 pounds [because he said that if i didn't charge he was not going to come] for a dry cut
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
mine charges £22 for hand stripping :o but i think i'm very lucky. they are great and i've had sooo many recommendations.they7 are also constantly fully booked and i had  to wait a month for my firts appointment. sam has gone twice for a wash and dry, the first time was £10 with his nails cut, bath, dry, inside his ears etc. last week he just had a bath and dry and it was £6.50, he smells lovely for weeks afterwards.

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »
I pay £35 for Sam to be handstripped and I was told the last time I was there that it took hours to handstrip him, so they may have to look at charging me more!!   >:D
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline bella15

• Site Member
  • Cody
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 12:11:38 PM »
I pay £25 per dog (£100 a time) - so I am now trying teaching myself so that I can at least do Connie & Buster as they are clipped.
Bella & Tess I am more nervous of doing as I do show Tess and would hate to have her looking like she has been attacked :005:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 10:09:26 PM »
I've been quoted £50.00 for handstripping  :-\

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »
I pay £35 for Sam to be handstripped and I was told the last time I was there that it took hours to handstrip him, so they may have to look at charging me more!!   >:D

For true handstripping to a show standard finish, I think that's fair enough.
The wear and tear on the groomers fingers, never mind the time it takes should not come cheap imho.

But if they are using a coat king to achieve a similar finish then yes, that is over the top.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 11:18:28 PM »

For true handstripping to a show standard finish, I think that's fair enough.
The wear and tear on the groomers fingers, never mind the time it takes should not come cheap imho.

But if they are using a coat king to achieve a similar finish then yes, that is over the top.

This is for true handstripping which I can imagine takes a lot more time than just a cut.