Author Topic: Coat King  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
Coat King
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:21:53 AM »
It arrived this morning and I've done a little bit of her back, not totally sure she's ready to strip so a little scared... Hair comes out when I pluck gently is that right?

Anyway more to the point where do I do the coatking? All over, Back, sides and head? chest? help, I don't want to get it wrong and so much fur is coming out on each stroke!

Thanks and Callie says hurry and tell me as she feels silly with a non fluffy stripe!

Offline debz

• Site Member
Re: Coat King
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »
If it comes out easy with gentle teasing it's ready ;) are you going to show?  if so i've always been advised against using one

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
No we aren't going to show, she's too small at only 14" (though well formed otherwise) so she isn't at standard plus I don't have the time! We are going to do agility and searching/tracking when she is old enough :D

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:58:05 PM »
I use the Coat King pretty much everywhere on my 2.  Particularly back, head and legs, but also on the ears, chest and tail.  I was advised against using around the neck/throat area though, as there are some skin folds round there and the blades are apparently quite sharp.   :o  HTH.
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »
Thanks, we've done her back and head.... she doesn't look like my fluffy puppy anymore :( will post pics later :D

Edited to add: Can't believe the amount of fur in the bin!