Author Topic: Who can recommend a pup shampoo?  (Read 679 times)

Offline novicehelp

• Site Member
Who can recommend a pup shampoo?
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
My new pup (8 wks) has come home (friday night) and has settled in really nicely.  He began life in our house as Luke but has since changed his name to Chewy, as this is what he likes to do.

He is rather smelly and although I bathed him in the sink earlier it hasn't worked very well.  Can anyone please recommend a really good shampoo that I can use on him.

Thanks.

Offline neilmc1977

• Site Member
  • jasper
Re: Who can recommend a pup shampoo?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »
like you im a total novice and have my first pup we were told by the breeder just to use baby shampoo so thats what we have done
altho im sure someone more experienced will let you know a good product to use

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »
Hi if you have a dog grooming salon around you i would pop in some time they sell shampoo and will tell you what is best, or go to the pet shop and get some puppy shampoo and add some tea tree in. make sure you get all the shampoo out and towel dry and if you can dry him with a hair dryer that will be better.
I work in a dog grooming salon and we have owners saying that they bath their dogs but  they never smell nice for long, not like when they have been to the groomers. And its down to the drying of the dog. most people just towel dry you need to get all the water out of the dogs coat.
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline novicehelp

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:38:11 PM »
Thanks.  I took your advice and he was quite happy for me to use a hairdryer.