Author Topic: Working Cocker grooming & price in E.Anglia  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Working Cocker grooming & price in E.Anglia
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »
I pay £25 to have Tilly clipped every couple of months but her coat is a disaster area. I do the boys myself, Rodaidh's getting some patches of puppy fluff just now so I've been doing him with an elastic banded metal comb and it's doing the trick. I got two huge handfuls of fuzz out of him the other night. I trim their feet and about halfway up their legs myself and pluck out the fluff Alfie gets on his legs by hand (only the black bits go fluffy for some reason). From the photo Wherry doesn't seem to have a lot of coat, I'm sure you could tackle it yourself no probs  :D  ... even the anal glands  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
I'm sure you could do the job coco - and to be honest Jarv's coat would be as fluffy as Wherry's if I didn't get a couple of handful's out each night (lets not talk tuft cos I'm not allowed near it  ::) )  As for his leg feathering, I'm trying to strip the old hair out without trimming it as the feathering itself is not that long (only the dead hair is any real length)

try a steel comb with a rubber band around it - Jarv's fur on his back is actually not long enough for a coat king to be really effective, and the comb/rubberband combo does the trick.

btw, within a couple of days of stripping his fur, he starts to get fluffy again - it's just major moult time!

course you can do it Vicky,Helen is right, the comb with an elastic band really works ;) It looks like thats all Wherry needs, with some thinning scissors on the feathering. If you're nervous about trimming nails, then you local vet nurse could do them ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:40:30 PM »
I'm in Peterborough and have been quoted £50.00 for handstripping - would rather have your quotes  :D