Author Topic: I know this question has been asked before but  (Read 711 times)

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
I know this question has been asked before but
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »
Is it possible to handstrip a neutered dog?, I have just had Kasper castrated on Tuesday this week (as we were having a few family vs doggy problems), however the behaviorist I have arranged to see has advised that this may have been a mistake if his issues were to do with a lack of confidence. Hopefully I have done the right thing (cos I can't put them back).
I had hoped to keep him entire initially (as long as it was not distressing him) because of the change in coat, hence my question

Has anyone got a neutered dog that they are able to handstrip as I really don't want to get him clipped until it is absolutely necessary, his coat is quite thin compaired to some of the show type cocker's and there was some debate about the possibility of there being some worker in him.

Any advise will be much appreciated

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
Re: I know this question has been asked before but
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »
Ignore me I have scanned through pages and pages in this section and I now know that it is more than likely out of the question.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: I know this question has been asked before but
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »
You'll probably be able to do it for 6 months or so after the castration, and a very small number of dogs can be kept up. You never know if your dog is one of those few if you don't try  :shades:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne