Author Topic: A bad cut  (Read 1291 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
A bad cut
« on: February 23, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
I have just collected Blue from being groomed and to be frank we are not impressed :embarassed:  in fact I feel like crying.  He is a mess.

This is the 2nd time I have used this particular groomer and the 1st time we were really pleased.  So I went back with no apprehension at all.

I have got him home and it looks as though she has only done half of him.  His underneath is fine but his back looks "hacked" and pretty much untouched.  He looks worse now than what he was when he went in  :-\   In fact, he looks very choppy and tufty along his back

What do you do ??  I really dont want to bring him back.  Tomorrow we are going to have to tidy him up ourselves.   

I feel very fed up. 

I am now wondering whether a mobile groomer is the way forward.   :-\

Any suggestions ?

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: A bad cut
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
Lord, I thought he had hurt himself for a minute!  My groomers have always been great so I don't know that feeling when they come back looking not quite right.  Can you not ask other people who they use?  If you get a mobile groomer, can you ask if they have other customer comments.  Sorry I am not being any use at all :-\  One thing I do know, it will grow back and he is so bonny that nobody will notice. :luv:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:54:47 PM »
Perhaps if you are going to have a go tidying him yourself, you could think about doing him yourself next time.  We came to the conclusion we couldn't be any worse than Jaspers first two trims  :shades:

Don't think the groomer should be left unaware that you are unhappy though - have they got someone new there? seems odd that they did a good trim last time and totally missed the mark this time - think I'd ring them, you have paid for the service after-all  :-\

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear how fed up you are with his haircut.
I would phone up and complain just in case they have someone new in and aren't aware there's a problem. I got Groove back from the groomers once and did cry, he looked like a skinned rabbit.
Remember it's only hair and it'll grow back.

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 05:22:03 PM »
Oh dear I know this feeling far too well when I took Floyd for his 1st cut they didnt cut him at all infact they shaved everything off  :o I have found alot of them do it round here. he was completley bald  >:D I went im with a hanson pedigree dog and came back with a hansome mongral from what he looked leke anyway  :005:

I would complain but I know how you feel I didnt complain either  :-\

If you can learn to do it yourself I think that might be a better option im looking into doing it and if you look on the grooming thread theres loads of tips  :D
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
I don't have that problem,  one of my work colleague's has a grooming parlour and I must admit the advise she gave me in the beginning has paid off, Coco's coat I feel is in good condition, she always says a tidy up when I take him but what she means is all the feathering  and the body trimmed to a reasonable length and for some unknown reason she tells me he has gorgeous feet to work with, getting ready of another trip, he's wearing someone else's socks  :Lil2:

I would personally go back to the groomers and tell her your not really happy and stay there with your dog watching while she grooms to a reasonable standard. I know my friend would rather you tell her than not go back or recommend her. being cheeky how much have you been charged???
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »
We do our girls ourselves  :luv:   With practice and help from COL members we do a good job I think  :luv:  :005:  and they get lots of biscuits too  :blink:

Jo

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
  ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:03:02 PM »
I am sorry poor Blue has had a bad cut. He is such a gorgeous dog I am sure he'll carry it off.