Author Topic: matted ears!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
matted ears!
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
after sams collar was removed yesterday it ears were very tangled. we didn't take the collar off at all in 7 days ph34r which may have been a big mistake. i was frightened to take it off ph34r
i've had a go at brushing them but he's got a matt in each side near the top. i don't know what to do.

i feel awful , he keeps whinning when i try to get near then with a brush. i have him booked into the groomers on sat for a bath. do you think it's best to leave them for them to sort them out or should i try again tonight??

help!!!

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: matted ears!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »
I'd leave it for the groomer, assuming it's not causing him any discomfort. I got a matt splitter some time ago; they are fantastic.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 06:18:52 PM »
I'd leave it for the groomer, assuming it's not causing him any discomfort. I got a matt splitter some time ago; they are fantastic.

no it's not causing him any discomfort normal just when i try to brush them! :'(

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:06:43 AM »
If you haven't got a matt splitter and a) are feeling brave enough and b) if Sam would sit still, you could use one blade of a sharp pair of scissors to break the matts up.
Open the scissors out and (carefully) hold one blade in your hand with the body of the scissors and pointing away from Sam (& you) gently work the other blade through the knot.

Offline RisbyFynn

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
Hello

Perhaps you could put some conditioner on them and leave it for a bit before washing it out.  Not sure if this is good for dogs though?  But it always used to work for me after I'd been I'll and too weak to brush really long hair  :005:!

Bet Sam's glad he's free from the collar

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 05:48:39 PM »
we've done one ear, but it was a hard long job!! going to try the other one tonight. will try the sissors method tonight!