Author Topic: knots  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
knots
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:06:13 PM »
bella has come in from the garden with huge knots at the sides of her back leg she gets a brush everyday and loves it , but  i have no idea of how she got it knoted  so quickly  :? ive never had this problem with her before  only under her front legs, i dident use conditioner after i bathed her last time i normaly always use some kind of conditioner on her but i ran out of it . do you think this is why? .
Hows the best way of getting them out i have a de matter thing but i dont want to hurt her . and i dont want to mess  her fur up either .                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
knots
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 10:58:32 PM »
You could try spraying some conditioner on to the knot & then patiently tease the hair apart with your fingers - this takes time but it can mean you avoid using the de-matter :) Bathing without using a conditioner can make the hair mat up more easily so it's always best to use some if you can.                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
knots
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 12:32:52 AM »
im off tommoro so ill go get some more conditioner for her and get to work on her hair do see if we can get rid of this huge knot , i dont know what shes been doing i have a feeling shes been running threw our trees lol . nexts doors dalmation pup was out today ;) shes been after him for some time  :lol:                    

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
knots
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 09:49:07 PM »
with regards to your dogs coat I have the same problem with one of my liitle girls coats and I have discovered a wonderful spray by Groomers. It is a conditioning spray that you can put on dry hair and the I gently teeze the knots with my dematting comb. works a treat and smells wonderfull too. no more smelly dogs. :lol:                    
To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
knots
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 10:27:23 PM »
I think its because i never used conditioner . its ok now shes de knoted and has been washed and conditoned and not a knot in sight :)as  for smell , bella hasent ever had that doggy odor which all my other dogs have had , i think we have been blessed , not a nasty smell at all :) on my other dogs that had the odor i used to use tee tree shampoo for dogs and a lovely appel sented one , used to keep the odor at bay :)