Author Topic: Groomers in Nottingham  (Read 2879 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:53:47 PM »
Hi There

I have just looked at Jessie and realised she is a scruffy mess and is in desperate need of a haircut - allover.  :oops:
We have tried to keep on top of her ourselves but at 7 and a half months I have to admit defeat and ask if anyone can recommend a good groomer in the Nottingham area I could take her too.   :?:
I don't want to handstrip myself or necessarily have her handstripped but I do want her to look neat and tidy and like a cocker...( I dont want a poodle lookalike!)  :? .
She has been spayed but as an orange roan without masses of coat, not been trimmed at all yet.
Many Thanks in advance
Jane (and a scruffy Jessie!)                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 06:18:57 PM »
i havent found a decent one myself , they like to shave all the fur off soo i dont think thats a good idea  :shock: . now someone has told me that 1st choice groomers in snention is good at grooming cockers ? i think its £17 i know its not in that good of an area area but you never know ??
if you decide to go there let me know how good she grooms , im after someone who handstrips   :) so i can be lazy and just pop her in  :lol:

Another place i havent been is a place in mapperley aparently you can get the info for her from the pet shop in mapperley im not too sure :)
goodluck and let me know how to goes  :mrgreen:                    

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 11:13:17 PM »
My daughter took her Westie to a groomer in Mapperley or Gedling I'm not sure till I ask her. He was a bit shaggy to say the least when she took him but he came back looking like a little rat. It was awful. He didn't look like a westie at all. Won't be going there again! Need to get my Charlie sorted as he's 7 1/2 months as well and looking very untidy so will be interested if you find someone.

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »
ive been to both the groomers in gedling and yes they are terrible just shave them off .  i took bella 2nd  groomer try out  :lol:  and she was shaved  so short someone said what breed is she when i took her to get a coat as she was shivering so much  :roll:   :shock: this was after her fluff went and nice new coat grew  :(
not only that they couldent be botherd to wash her . i know shes not smelly but i know the difference between a washed dog .and paying £30for  a shaved dog  i wasent very happy
One in mapperley i know a few people who recommend her shes in a house ? im yet to find the proper details . one day ill take a walk up mapperley top and get a leaflet                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 11:42:42 AM »
ive got the yellow pages here

theres a groomers poped up in gedling im sure it wasent there before , its called mutts for cuts , it says professional groomers qualified . handstriping medium breeds only < let me know if this is the one that shaved your daughters westie . :wink:

theres :
the grooming room ..handstripping , clipping, ect. clifton village

woofmobile ... 30yrs exsp . clipping hand striping , ilkeston

Im sure the other groomers would be willing to clip . im just wondering if you go to a groomers that hand strip mabe there more likely to know what the breed should look like ?
Goodluck :)                    

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 02:03:44 PM »
Oh dear - yes Mutts Cutts is the one that poor little Danny the Westie went to. Two days later he went to be neutered. Poor little soul was in shock for ages. Didn't get out of his bed for a week!!!! and had to have a coat cos he was cold! Wanted to show you a before and after picture but haven't sussed out how to do it.
Do you live far from Mapperley?

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 02:33:43 PM »
im near  lambly so not too far. poor little man .at least fur grows back hehe :) i do diy on bella now but i dont always have the time to do her properly so i could do with a decent one , dont know if  i dare risk her with another groomer again  :lol:  and end up with a skinny cold cocker
do you live near mapperley?                    

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 04:06:57 PM »
I live off Westdale Lane and do most of my daily walks on the fields by the golf course on Digby Avenue.
I haven't touched Charlie yet - too scared. There is a couple who live not too far from me who have 2 Spaniels a King Charles and a Cocker who both look OK. She once told me they went to a groomer on Hucknall Road but I don't know the details. Will ask next time I see them.

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 06:43:34 PM »
Helloo There

A quick update on Jessie. After posting yesterday I did a search on YELL and rang a few groomers in Nottm. Most were booked up for months but I came across one who had a cancellation for today!  :D
So off we went this afternoon...to SNAZZYDOGZ in Chilwell. Cheesy name I know!  :?
When we got there they asked us what look we wanted and we told them exactly how we wanted her to look...2 hours later we went to collect her...and she looks lovely. She has a proper cocker head now...flat and smooth...lovely paws.
They didnt handstripped her but they have done a great job. Ill post some pics tomorrow in the gallery...she is a tired puppy now awwww  :roll:
We will definately be taking her back there and are going to take our Westie there too!
Jane and a smart and tidy Jessie  :D                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »
wow thats great do they handstrip?
Jane i go past westdale lane most days ill be looking out for your little chap :) i always go in the pet shop at the top , i think im one of there most regular customers :) have you seen the two cockers that go walkys with the woman with the push chair gold and black one . arent they just lovely . she clips them right off herself . my choice is a fluffy cocker but she does a good job herself with the clipping                    

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 09:37:31 PM »
Well luvlylady - I have to tell you that my Charlie isn't a little chap. He's just over 7months and weighed in at 34lbs a couple of weeks ago!!! He is also very exitable and boisterous so you'll know it's me when you see a demented woman hanging on to the end of his lead.!!!!!
And Jane, I'm glad you got Jessie sorted I bet she looks just beautiful now. How does she get on with your Westie? My daughters westie plays nicely with Charlie but he is definately top dog even though he's so much smaller. I'm a bit concerned about taking Charlie to be groomed as he doesn't like even me brushing him much. Would they cope with such a lively dog?                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 10:02:04 PM »
Quote from: "JANE D"
I'm a bit concerned about taking Charlie to be groomed as he doesn't like even me brushing him much. Would they cope with such a lively dog?[/quote="Jane"]

Hi Jane

Don't worry he will be fine, Indie hates being groomed by me, but is always a good girl at the groomers :wink:   I think its important that they go as often as possible when they are young, from this age is great, as long as the fur is ready to come out, its always best to take him and have a little bit done for the first time, instead of waiting for him to be really furrie, as he may find the experience a bit too long and boring!

I look forward to seeing some piccies when hes all done!

BTW We got Indie from Nottingham :D                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 12:33:57 AM »
ill keep my eye out hehe :) so many janes on this forum now.  :D

thats cool mrs bj :) i know theres a couple of breeders up my way . i actully emailed a lady who bred soild blacks she said she would reseve us one and ring me  :? but after waiting 3 months for pup that were suposed to be ready within one we gave her a wide birth  :wink:
im so glad we did i couldent be happier then with my bella . although we did get lost on spagetti junction 3 times lol :lol:                    

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Groomers in Nottingham
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 06:44:17 PM »
Helloo

I have posted a pic of Jessie in the new rogues gallery! I think she looks great...she was a fluffy mess before  :oops:

Cheers

Jane