Author Topic: Grooming Seminar/Workshop  (Read 24237 times)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Re: Grooming Seminar/Workshop
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 08:30:50 PM »
I've just got back from our committee meeting today and I think it's going to be a really good day.
We really want to emphasise that this is going to be a very relaxed day, so if you have any doubts about not being able to do something or you think you'd look silly please don't.

We've managed to get a good group of people who turn their show dogs out beautifully to help and pass on some of their skills. :shades:

I will also be demonstrating a pet clip on my Halle. I'm letting her coat grow between now and then and already she is starting to resemble a Yeti  ::) so there should be a good transformation. Even if that's all you want to see I'm sure it would be of benefit.

In case of any misunderstanding this is open to all colours and not just solid cockers.

KellyS who is also on the committee, has done a fantastic job with sponsorship and we have some excellent raffle prizes, all grooming related. :shades:

We have quite a few names on the list already, and naturally numbers will be limited for people to work on their own dogs, so get your name down now to avoid disappointment.

Have I sold it to you well enough? I hope so  ;) :003:

Michelle.....You have sold this event wonderfully....ever thought about a career in sales ;) :005:

Would love to come, if only to catch up with some old faces.....Kelly you may still be a baby in relation to me but i've known you long enough to class you an old face  :005:.  Sadly its the same weekend that i leave my job and we're having a leaving BBQ. :'(..maybe the next one  :D

Tori x
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
I would have loved to come to this..on my own, so I could concentrate  :005:..but have noone to look after the girls this weekend..hope you all have an enjoyable time and let us know how it goes  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
Sue, the afternoon workshop session is for 3 hours (approx), the hall is big enough to accommodate Georgie & Daisy even if you only want to watch.

Michelle.....You have sold this event wonderfully....ever thought about a career in sales ;) :005:

Thank you Tori, and no thanks I haven't  :005:
Shame you can't make it but I'm sure we'll see you (possibly at a show) soon.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 12:13:09 PM »
I would have loved to come to this..on my own, so I could concentrate  :005:..but have noone to look after the girls this weekend..hope you all have an enjoyable time and let us know how it goes  ;)

I am only going to watch in the afternoon and taking Indie so she's not on her own in the afternoon., hopefully she'll behave.   :D

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Sue, the afternoon workshop session is for 3 hours (approx), the hall is big enough to accommodate Georgie & Daisy even if you only want to watch.

Not sure its a good idea to inflict my wriggly bottomed cockers on you all  :005: ...am looking forward to hearing how it goes...hopefully if there is another one I can make it.
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »
I have sent you a pm Michelle to make sure my form has been received.  Don't want to miss out.   ::)

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »
I shall have to give it  a miss this time Michele...thanks tho  ;)  and yes, the photos or video will be a great help  :D

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
Kelly you may still be a baby in relation to me but i've known you long enough to class you an old face .

I'm not that far behind you ;) Ahh shame your not coming it would have been good to catch up :D

Looking forward to seeing COL'ers there it should be a really good day  :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
I have sent you a pm Michelle to make sure my form has been received.  Don't want to miss out.   ::)

Yep, you're on the list  :shades:

I understand if some of you have had a change of mind or can't make it that day but I'd hate it if I've slipped up so using your COL names the people who I sent emails to but can't see you on the list are:-

Ludo
Steelygirl
Gashley
MarbledMolly

thanks,
Michele :003:

Offline gashley

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »

Yep, you're on the list  :shades:

I understand if some of you have had a change of mind or can't make it that day but I'd hate it if I've slipped up so using your COL names the people who I sent emails to but can't see you on the list are:-

Ludo
Steelygirl
Gashley
MarbledMolly

thanks,
Michele :003:

We've sent ours, so hopefully will be with you soon, we kept forgetting to post it.  >:( Especially embarrassing as there's a post box on our regular walking route!!! (That's where we normally remember we've forgot!!)  ph34r
Gail, Ian, & 4 boys, Jakey and Scooby !!

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »
Thanks for that Michele.  I was worrying that mine might have got lost on its way, so I am relieved to know that Emily and I are on the list!  I think I'm just a natural-born worrier  ::)

Regards,

Sue

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »
Mines in the post tomorrow - had to wait for my retired Mum to check her hectic schedule!!

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »
Excellent, thank you ladies.

My head is a bit clearer now  ::) :005:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »
If you have any further queries over the next few days can you contact Barbara Ward directly as I'm away for a break until the end of the week.

thanks,
Michele

BarbaraWatWensum@aol.com

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »
Anglian water have found traces of the bug cryptosporidium and are advising people not to use water that has not been boiled first for everything from cooking to brushing teeth, and for pets etc etc  until further notice. This is for most of Northamptonshire so it will be wise to bring you own water with you for your dogs. (I don't know if they will make arrangements for this)