Author Topic: Stripping stone technique  (Read 694 times)

Offline silke

• Site Member
Stripping stone technique
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
I've bought a stripping stone (one of those black ones), and I'm not sure now how to use it properly.  :huh: I've bought it for Charlie's face (and maybe head, if it's suitable  :shades: ). Does anyone know how they are used? Do you just 'stroke' it over the area? :blink:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Stripping stone technique
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »
On the face yes, you just stroke it somewhat firmly. After a few strokes brush the area with your hand or a soft bristle brush as there will be grit from the stone and loose hair, and check your results and repeat if needed

On the top of the head, start at the back of the head and use your free hand to pull the hair forward, so that you are "scraping" the stone on the layer of hair underneath  the top layer. Use very short strokes here, only as long as the hair is  ;)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:39:53 PM »
Thank you, Michelle - you are a star! :D Is it ok to use it on the 'bridge' area, above the nose and in front of the eyes?

Silkex

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:52:27 PM »
Is it ok to use it on the 'bridge' area, above the nose and in front of the eyes?

Yes you can ;)

If you are going to show I would not use it on the back coat, and sparingly on the top of the head, but it is great for faces and the fronts of front legs  :shades:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne