Author Topic: general grooming question  (Read 1215 times)

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
general grooming question
« on: April 29, 2004, 04:21:25 PM »
Hi everyone. Just wanted some guidance on grooming Pickle. At present I brush him with a sliker brush for about 5-10 minutes a day, then about once a week I go over him with a fine metal comb, and finish him off with a little Petsilk 'liquid silk'.
He is still very fluffy around his legs, head and back (puppy coat?) so soon after he's brushed he looks quite scruffy again. Am I grooming him enough? Or should I be using any other tools-of-the-trade?
He has been back to his breeder once so far for a hair-do (he's 6 months old, went about 6 weeks ago) and looks like he needs to be done again already. I'm not going to show him, but I want him to look his very best, especially as so many Cockers on here are of the supermodel variety  :wink:
Any advice would be great - even if you could just tell me the grooming routine that works for you  :D
Thanks in advance,
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 04:44:49 PM »
Sounds like you're doing fine Emma, as long as he's knot free I think that's as much as you can do at this stage. Be patient and wait for the puppy coat to give. Why not give your breeder a ring again and see how soon they think he should be done.  :D                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 01:02:27 PM »
at that age there normaly quite fluffy not much you can do for a while yet just keep him knot free :) condition the coat when bathing him i know the frizz can get knoted sometimes , it weighs down the hair a little more making it look smoother too :)