Author Topic: Blade Wash  (Read 479 times)

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
Blade Wash
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »
I'm just wondering if I should be using blade wash on my blades, I do oil them and use a coolant and lubricant spray and brush the hairs out of the blades  when I've finished with them but have never used any blade wash, is it just for professional groomers who are clipping lots of different dogs to sterilise the blades  :huh:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Blade Wash
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »
It's not really necessary if you are cleaning and oiling your blades regularly. Most blade washes just do that; wash the blade, they don't have any disinfectant in them, just chemicals to get rid of any buildup on the blades.

If your blades happen to get extra dirty, from mud or maybe some poo stuck to the bum or something else  :P You can just wash them in soapy water with a scrub brush. The key is to get them thoroughly dry and then oil them.

Sounds like you are taking good care of your blades so blade wash isn't necessary  :shades: (Don't worry, there are plenty of other doggie things to spend money on!  :005:)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
Re: Blade Wash
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
Many thanks spanielcrazy, I didn't know that I could wash the blades and as you say there are plenty of other doggy things to spend the money on!  :D